For the first time ever, a federal court has held that the killing of a transgender person is a hate crime.
- Gavel Drop: California, Texas in the Hot Seat for Voting Violations
- This Week in Sex: Will Plants Bring Us the Next Big Birth Control Advance?
- Gavel Drop: Kentucky in the Spotlight in Fights Over Abortion, LGBTQ Rights
- Gavel Drop: Man Sentenced for Hate Crime in Murder of Transgender Teen
- Trump’s First 100 Days: The Shameful Detainments and Deportations Edition
Explore Our Topics
California is under scrutiny for not following federal laws about voter registration, and there might be a Voting Rights Act-like reboot coming for Texas.
The push in the states to roll back rights gains hasn't slowed down one bit.
If and when the ban makes it to the Supreme Court, the idea that Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch could prove to be the critical vote upholding it contains a bitter irony.