“This bill intrudes on the doctor-patient relationship by requiring doctors to become investigators and patients their suspects, and it does nothing to address the root causes of gender discrimination and bias,” Wright said.
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- White GOP Lawmakers Behind Almost Every Anti-Choice Bill in 2017
- Lawmaker: Pregnant Workers Who Want Accommodations Should Quit
- South Dakota Lawmaker Defends Bill by Saying Some Aborted Fetuses are Female
- ICE Account of Mass Immigration Arrests Contradicts Trump
- ‘Until They Shut Up, We Won’t’: Arizona Rally to Defund Planned Parenthood Meets Pro-Choice Resistance
Explore Our Topics
“This law had one purpose: to limit a woman’s access to her constitutionally-guaranteed medical care. We are pleased that the court has agreed,” said Nancy Abudu, legal director for the ACLU of Florida.
If approved by Congress, more than a half million people who work in the city—including those who live outside the District—will receive between 50 and 90 percent of their weekly paycheck while on leave.