The Russell Amendment would reverse nondiscrimination protections for about 28 million people in the federal contracting workforce.
- Florida Ballot Initiative Would Make Abortion, Birth Control Punishable by Death
- Congresswoman Shares Sexual Assault Story Amid Trump Allegations
- South Carolina Officials Rescind ‘Spousal Consent’ Proposal After Outcry
- Yes, the Gender Wage Gap Is Real, New Report Says
- Clinton Denounces Trump’s ‘Scare Rhetoric,’ Vows to Protect Abortion Rights
- University Health Center Directs Loyola Students to Fake Clinics
Explore Our Topics
Alaska joins a growing list of states where taxpayers are footing costly legal bills over failed anti-choice restrictions pushed by Republican legislators.
“These key races could determine control of a legislature, potentially flip a few legislatures while also driving pro-choice turnout up and down the ballot," said James Owens, states communications director for NARAL.
Director Ava DuVernay avoids focusing on individual scapegoats to show viewers the cumulative effects of the racism that continues to drive policies of mass incarceration and mass criminalization. Even so, however, the film has a few flaws: namely, the absence of women's stories and those of activists working to change and overcome that culture of mass criminalization.