The Trump administration's fact-free voter fraud claims can be traced to the post-Civil War era, when “efforts to impinge criminality and lack of valid citizenships on African Americans were used to justify a myriad of restrictions that many states put ultimately into their constitutions," said Denise Lieberman of the Advancement Project.
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- White GOP Lawmakers Behind Almost Every Anti-Choice Bill in 2017
- South Dakota Lawmaker Defends Bill by Saying Some Aborted Fetuses are Female
- ‘Until They Shut Up, We Won’t’: Arizona Rally to Defund Planned Parenthood Meets Pro-Choice Resistance
- ICE Account of Mass Immigration Arrests Contradicts Trump
- Lawmaker: Pregnant Workers Who Want Accommodations Should Quit
Explore Our Topics
“This law had one purpose: to limit a woman’s access to her constitutionally-guaranteed medical care. We are pleased that the court has agreed,” said Nancy Abudu, legal director for the ACLU of Florida.
If approved by Congress, more than a half million people who work in the city—including those who live outside the District—will receive between 50 and 90 percent of their weekly paycheck while on leave.
After bringing up Jim Crow laws at a house committee hearing, the Missouri NAACP president was stopped from testifying further.