The 19-year-old told Rewire he has consistently been surprised by how the country treats asylum seekers like him.
- Complaint: Citing Catholic Rules, Doctor Turns Away Bleeding Woman With Dislodged IUD
- Patients ‘Throwing Up in the Parking Lot’ Under Ohio Abortion Law
- Contraception Access ‘Isn’t Really An Issue,’ Says McConnell Spokesperson
- Abortion Reversal ‘Quackery’ Gets the Boot in Arizona
- Asylum Seekers’ Hunger Strike Ends After ICE Threats
- Missouri ‘Witch Hunt Hearings’ Modeled on Anti-Choice Congressional Crusade
Explore Our Topics
“HB 1948 is an assault on a woman's ability to make the decision that's best for her and her family, nothing more,” Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. Mike Stack (D) wrote. “I was in those lawmakers' shoes several years ago, and I made the wrong decision. They have an opportunity to learn a lesson from my experience.”
Private prisons last year increased their share of the immigrant detention industry after the implementation of the “detention bed quota,” which guaranteed 34,000 immigrants would be detained at any given time.
"I've never even heard the term," Trump replied when Bill O'Reilly asked about "detention centers." Trump's book, however, used the term "immigrant detention facilities."