The witness had been surreptitiously filmed in 2015 by anti-choice activists David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt as part of a smear campaign against abortion providers and fetal tissue researchers.
- Architect of Planned Parenthood Smear Campaign Tries to Avoid Jury Trial
- After Her Newborn Died, Evelyn Hernández Was Acquitted of Homicide Charges. But the Prosecutor Still Wants Her in Jail.
- ‘We Are Headed Toward a Public Health Crisis’: Title X Clinics Grapple With Trump’s ‘Gag Rule’
- Even Patients Who Know Their Hospitals Are Catholic May Not Realize Their Care Is Restricted
- House GOP Wants Democrats to Take a Stance on This Anti-Choice Bill
- Witness Against Anti-Choice Activists Says She Was Harassed After Testifying
Explore Our Topics
The California bill would require public universities to provide medication abortion at student health centers on campus.
Republican lawmakers still hope to gather enough signatures to force a vote on anti-abortion legislation in the House, despite the chamber's pro-choice majority.
A decision Tuesday stopped the most extreme bans in the state from taking effect. But it's not all good news.