Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) warned that Republicans could introduce legislation statutorily strengthening the federal religious imposition law in the absence of similar rumored action from the White House.
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- White GOP Lawmakers Behind Almost Every Anti-Choice Bill in 2017
- South Dakota Lawmaker Defends Bill by Saying Some Aborted Fetuses are Female
- ICE Account of Mass Immigration Arrests Contradicts Trump
- ‘Until They Shut Up, We Won’t’: Arizona Rally to Defund Planned Parenthood Meets Pro-Choice Resistance
- GOP Begins Shredding Family Planning Safeguards
Explore Our Topics
Michigan Republicans want to defund several independent clinics and local Planned Parenthood affiliates, which provide critical health services other than abortion care.
The Trump administration's fact-free voter fraud claims can be traced to the post-Civil War era, when “efforts to impinge criminality and lack of valid citizenships on African Americans were used to justify a myriad of restrictions that many states put ultimately into their constitutions," said Denise Lieberman of the Advancement Project.
Mr. Trump, don't build that wall. Invest in all of our people.