“Make room for pro-life Democrats and invite pro-life, progressive independents back to the party to focus on the right to parent and ways to help women in crisis or unplanned pregnancies have more choices than abortion,” the group said in a report unveiled to allies at the event, including Democratic National Convention (DNC) delegates and the press.
- Former Klan Leader on Senate Run: My Views Are Now the ‘GOP Mainstream’
- Tim Kaine Changes Position on Federal Funding for Abortion Care
- NARAL President Tells Her Abortion Story at the Democratic National Convention
- Exclusive: House GOP Budgets $1.2 Million for Anti-Choice ‘Witch Hunt’
- David Daleiden Brags About Discredited Smear Campaign at GOP Convention
- Democratic Party Platform: Repeal Bans on Federal Funding for Abortion Care
Explore Our Topics
Though reproductive rights and health have been discussed by both Democratic Party presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) while on the campaign trail, Democrats have come under fire for failing to ask about abortion care during the party’s debates.
Gray, who was Black, died of a neck injury a week after being taken into police custody in April 2015. The 25-year-old’s death led to widespread protest and civil disobedience against racial injustice and a number of reforms in Baltimore and across Maryland.
The study's lead author said the United States' public-funding restriction makes it a "stark outlier among countries where abortion is legal—especially among high-income nations."