Michigan Republicans want to defund several independent clinics and local Planned Parenthood affiliates, which provide critical health services other than abortion care.
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- White GOP Lawmakers Behind Almost Every Anti-Choice Bill in 2017
- South Dakota Lawmaker Defends Bill by Saying Some Aborted Fetuses are Female
- ICE Account of Mass Immigration Arrests Contradicts Trump
- ‘Until They Shut Up, We Won’t’: Arizona Rally to Defund Planned Parenthood Meets Pro-Choice Resistance
- GOP Begins Shredding Family Planning Safeguards
Explore Our Topics
“This bill intrudes on the doctor-patient relationship by requiring doctors to become investigators and patients their suspects, and it does nothing to address the root causes of gender discrimination and bias,” said Ashley Wright, public policy manager for Planned Parenthood Great Plains.
“This law had one purpose: to limit a woman’s access to her constitutionally-guaranteed medical care. We are pleased that the court has agreed,” said Nancy Abudu, legal director for the ACLU of Florida.