Doctors told Rewire that the Republican-backed legislation imposes an undue and unnecessary burden on physicians and might force the closure of Arizona clinics that can't meet neonatal medical standards.
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- Surprise: South Dakota Republicans Reject Abortion Ban
- Virginia GOP’s Defunding of Planned Parenthood Will Be Vetoed (Updated)
- Amid Constituent Backlash, GOP to Punt Repeal of Popular Obamacare Benefits to Agency
- After Late Push, Pro-Choice Democrat Will Run in Kansas Special Election
- Republicans Voice Hardline Religious Imposition Rationales for Congress, Trump
Explore Our Topics
The Family Research Council, identified as an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, has joined the push to ban the most common type of second trimester abortion care in Texas.
Reproductive rights advocates told Rewire that South Dakota lawmakers were likely deterred by the prospect of expensive litigation.
The Trump administration's fact-free voter fraud claims can be traced to the post-Civil War era, when “efforts to impinge criminality and lack of valid citizenships on African Americans were used to justify a myriad of restrictions that many states put ultimately into their constitutions," said Denise Lieberman of the Advancement Project.