By requiring sexual education instructors to be certified teachers, the Alaska legislature is targeting Planned Parenthood, which is the largest nonprofit provider of such educational services in the state.
- Former Klan Leader on Senate Run: My Views Are Now the ‘GOP Mainstream’
- Tim Kaine Clarifies Position on Federal Funding for Abortion, Is ‘for the Hyde Amendment’
- Tim Kaine Changes Position on Federal Funding for Abortion Care
- NARAL President Tells Her Abortion Story at the Democratic National Convention
- Three Crisis Pregnancy Centers Served for Breaking California Law
- State with Nation’s Highest Chlamydia Rate Enacts New Restrictions on Sex Ed
Explore Our Topics
“Now, while Chelsea is suffering the darkest depression she has experienced since her arrest, the government is taking actions to punish her for that pain. It is unconscionable and we hope that the investigation is immediately ended and that she is given the health care that she needs to recover,” said Chase Strangio, an ACLU staff attorney.
“[T]he new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision," Circuit Judge Diana Gribbon Motz wrote for the court, describing the North Carolina GOP's voter ID law.
While medical systems will need to evolve to address the challenges preventing pediatricians from sharing medically accurate and age-appropriate information about sexuality with their patients, there are several things I recommend parents and educators do to reinforce AAP’s guidance.