A preoccupation with purity is not a realistic approach to sexuality, and it does not empower us to make responsible, holistic decisions regarding sex.
- Why We Shouldn’t Believe Senate Republicans Who Claim They’ll Stop Blocking Judicial Nominees After the Election
- How We Teach Purity Culture Isn’t the Problem—Purity Culture Itself Is the Problem
- The Post-Traumatic Reality of Trump’s Candidacy
- The ‘Let States Decide’ Lie Conservatives Push on Abortion Rights
- Abortion Is Health Care, So Why Aren’t Crowdfunding Sites Treating It as Such?
- ‘Two Spirit’ Tradition Far From Ubiquitous Among Tribes
Explore Our Topics
Kicking abortion rights back to the states is nothing more than code for the idea that women do not have the same fundamental rights as men.
When YouCaring and GoFundMe insert themselves as barriers to abortion access to people with uteri, they become little more than enablers and perpetuators of shame and stigma. This behavior prevents those who are most in need of assistance from getting the support that may save their lives.
“These key races could determine control of a legislature, potentially flip a few legislatures while also driving pro-choice turnout up and down the ballot," said James Owens, states communications director for NARAL.