Writing and reading are my saviors in times of turmoil, and to cope with a year like 2016, I return to poet Lucille Clifton’s words in “won’t you celebrate with me,” in which she writes: “come celebrate/with me that every day/something has tried to kill me/and has failed.”
- No One in the Porn Industry Likes a Broken Vagina
- Two Studies Bring Bad News About Cervical Cancer Deaths and HPV—So What Can We Do?
- Trans Lives Depend on Resisting ‘Unlikely’ Partnerships
- Repeating Falsehoods About Disabled People Isn’t the Way to Prevent Gun Violence
- ‘ThriVe Lies’: Why Pro-Choice Activists Rallied Outside a St. Louis Anti-Abortion Clinic
- Why We Must Not Normalize the Gorsuch Nomination
Explore Our Topics
The rhetoric employed by lawmakers on both the right and the left makes me want to scream, for different reasons.
Judge Neil Gorsuch may be a really nice guy, but that doesn't matter if his record on every issue progressives care about is dangerously regressive.
Mr. Trump, don't build that wall. Invest in all of our people.