Writing and reading are my saviors in times of turmoil, and to cope with a year like 2016, I return to poet Lucille Clifton’s words in “won’t you celebrate with me,” in which she writes: “come celebrate/with me that every day/something has tried to kill me/and has failed.”
- No One in the Porn Industry Likes a Broken Vagina
- ‘I Never Thought Hanging Out in a Parking Lot Would Be So Rewarding’: Reflections on Clinic Escort Appreciation Day
- ‘ThriVe Lies’: Why Pro-Choice Activists Rallied Outside a St. Louis Anti-Abortion Clinic
- Two Studies Bring Bad News About Cervical Cancer Deaths and HPV—So What Can We Do?
- Why We Must Not Normalize the Gorsuch Nomination
- Trump Is Declaring War on Our Federal Courts, and We Must Pay Attention
Explore Our Topics
Judge Neil Gorsuch may be a really nice guy, but that doesn't matter if his record on every issue progressives care about is dangerously regressive.
‘I Never Thought Hanging Out in a Parking Lot Would Be So Rewarding’: Reflections on Clinic Escort Appreciation Day
No matter where they’re from or why they’re there, patients at the only health center in Missouri that provides abortion care are greeted by the same things: a group of angry protesters clamoring around the public sidewalk that borders the parking lot and a smiling face to walk with them from door to door.
“Representative Haugaard’s statement is not only erroneous, but irrelevant to the bill that was under deliberation," said Samantha Spawn, interim executive director for NARAL Pro-Choice South Dakota.