The fact is, in every occupation and at every level, women earn less than men doing exactly the same work.
- Is Clinton a Progressive? Not If She Chooses Tim Kaine
- The Gender Wage Gap Is Not Women’s Fault, and Here’s the Report That Proves It
- Have a Problem With Black-Only Spaces? Get Over It
- Democrats’ Latest Platform Silent on Discriminatory Welfare System
- For Students at Religious Universities, Contraception Coverage Isn’t an Academic Debate
- In Mike Pence, Trump Would Find a Fellow Huckster
Explore Our Topics
The current draft of the 2016 Democratic Party platform contains some of the most progressive positions that the party has taken in decades. But there is a critical issue—one that affects millions in the United States—that is missing entirely from the draft: fixing our broken and discriminatory welfare system.
The selection of Tim Kaine as vice president would be the first signal that Hillary Clinton intends to seek progressive votes but ignore progressive values and goals, likely at her peril, and ours.
Anti-choice activists and leaders have embraced the Republican platform, which relies on a series of falsehoods about reproductive health care.