Kicking abortion rights back to the states is nothing more than code for the idea that women do not have the same fundamental rights as men.
- Why We Shouldn’t Believe Senate Republicans Who Claim They’ll Stop Blocking Judicial Nominees After the Election
- The Post-Traumatic Reality of Trump’s Candidacy
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Shows Why White Feminists Must Do Better
- ‘Two Spirit’ Tradition Far From Ubiquitous Among Tribes
- The ‘Let States Decide’ Lie Conservatives Push on Abortion Rights
- Abortion Is Health Care, So Why Aren’t Crowdfunding Sites Treating It as Such?
Explore Our Topics
When YouCaring and GoFundMe insert themselves as barriers to abortion access to people with uteri, they become little more than enablers and perpetuators of shame and stigma. This behavior prevents those who are most in need of assistance from getting the support that may save their lives.
Why We Shouldn’t Believe Senate Republicans Who Claim They’ll Stop Blocking Judicial Nominees After the Election
Senate Republicans have scrambled to walk back comments by Sen. John McCain that they will oppose any Supreme Court nomination made by Hillary Clinton. But the public shouldn't take them seriously.
"When you have so many law enforcement agencies it just opens up that possibility so many more times. We probably have the most unreported cases coming from law enforcement, and of course police shootings are just a subset of that," said Amanda Woog, project director at the Texas Justice Initiative.