Unions are critical to mobilizing even white working class voters for a progressive agenda. Democrats need to do more to strengthen them.
- Want White Working Class Voters to Support Democrats? Strengthen Unions.
- Biology, Funding, and Ego Slow Quest for Male Birth Control
- New Lawsuit Challenges Illegal ‘Debtors’ Prison’ System in Arkansas County
- In Appalachia, Women Put Their Bodies on the Line for the Land
- Judge Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court Nomination Could Put the Americans With Disabilities Act in Danger
- After ‘Janus’: Anti-Union Forces Target Representation Structure in New Suit
Explore Our Topics
District Court Judge Mark Derrick routinely levies punitive fines for misdemeanors. And when defendants can't pay, their court fees and troubles start to add up.
A case filed mere weeks after Janus in federal district court in Minnesota shows that anti-labor forces are already marshaling to further decimate public sector unions.
AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka said in a statement that the results of the election represented a “true groundswell” of activism and organizing among working people.