Justice Sotomayor dryly noted that the explanation of "he reached for his waistband" is a depressingly well-worn one, trotted out all too often to justify police shootings.
- Sonia Sotomayor Refuses to Agree Police Can Do No Wrong
- Campuses Wrestle With Wave of Hate-Based Incidents Since Election
- Trump Administration May Undermine the ‘Sanctity of the Census’
- California Students and State Senator Press Colleges for On-Campus Medication Abortion
- Maryland Governor Takes Atypical GOP Approach to Reproductive Rights
- Religious Imposition Proponents Find an Ally in the White House
Explore Our Topics
Polls suggest Larry Hogan, a GOP governor in a blue state, is the country's second most popular governor, but reproductive rights activists remain skeptical.
A Berkeley student went through multiple health-care visits and insurance re-enrollment to get an abortion. By that time, it was too late for a medication abortion.
We've come to treat lies and misinformation about abortion as somehow different than lies and misinformation about climate change. They are no different.