Rewire spoke to the executive directors of two immigrant rights organizations about the issues they believe the next president should focus on.
- PrEP and Sex Workers: A Chance to Do Better
- Some Republicans Admit Voter Fraud Is a Myth—But Their Party Hasn’t Gotten the Memo
- Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Faces a Criminal Charge and a Community Working to Unseat Him
- As Naturalization Applications Pile Up, Potential Citizens Unable to Vote
- Trump’s Debate Denial Omitted Previous Sexual Assault Allegations Against Him
- Campaign Fact-Check: Rubio Campaign Claims Opponent Is ‘Distorting’ Senator’s Record on Abortion
Explore Our Topics
Many members of the GOP are suddenly reluctant to get behind their presidential nominee's claim that the election is "rigged." But even the 2016 Republican platform says that "voting procedures may be open to abuse. For this reason, we support legislation to require proof of citizenship when registering to vote and secure photo ID when voting."
According to local activist Alejandra Gomez, racism and xenophobia allegations have trailed Arpaio for years.