The Indiana Court of Appeals ruled patients cannot be prosecuted for self-inducing an abortion under the feticide statute, but left open the possibility other criminal charges could apply.
- ‘Pro-Life’ Pence Transfers Money Intended for Vulnerable Households to Anti-Choice Crisis Pregnancy Centers
- Paul Ryan Uses Falsehoods Behind Texas HB 2 to Push Yet Another Abortion Restriction
- Donald Trump and Mike Pence: The Anti-Immigrant Ticket
- After a Year, What Has the Smear Campaign Against Planned Parenthood Accomplished?
- The 2016 Republican Platform Is Riddled With Conservative Abortion Myths
- Legislators Have Introduced 445 Provisions to Restrict Abortion So Far This Year
Explore Our Topics
Anti-choice activists and leaders have embraced the Republican platform, which relies on a series of falsehoods about reproductive health care.
So far this year, legislators have introduced 1,256 provisions relating to sexual and reproductive health and rights. However, states have also enacted 22 measures this year designed to expand access to reproductive health services or protect reproductive rights.
“My greatest fear is that this ticket doesn’t seem to realize immigrants are actually an incredible resource that fuels our country," Wendy Feliz of the American Immigration Council told Rewire.