Trump’s murky position on abortion has caused an uproar this election season as conservatives grapple with a Republican nominee whose stance on the issue has varied over time. Join Rewire for a look back at the business mogul's changing views on abortion.
- Federal Court Says Trans Worker Can Be Fired Based on Owner’s Religious Beliefs
- Anti-Choice Democrats Employ ‘Dangerous,’ Contradictory Strategies
- California Bill Aimed at Anti-Choice Videos Draws Free Speech Concerns
- Centering Disabled People in Conversations About Menstruation
- The Supreme Court Could Give Religiously Affiliated Employers Even More Room to Discriminate
- ‘Whole Woman’s Health’ Breathes New Life Into Voting Rights Cases
Explore Our Topics
“Plain and simple, this is just discrimination against a person because of who she is,” said John Knight, the director of the LGBT and HIV Project of the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois, in an interview with Rewire.
Democrats for Life of America leaders, politicians, and rank-and-file supporters often contradict each other, and sometimes themselves, exposing a lack of coherent strategy at a time when the Democratic Party's platform is newly committed to increasing abortion access for all.
Eighty-two percent of the women in jails nationwide find themselves there for nonviolent offenses, including property, drug, and public order offenses.