ICE has not stated publicly whether the arrests of teens under Operation Border Guardian will continue, but there is anecdotal evidence suggesting the operation has caused considerable damage in the communities of those placed into detention, noticeable by teachers and students alike.
- Federal Court Says Trans Worker Can Be Fired Based on Owner’s Religious Beliefs
- From Protected Class to High-Priority Target: How the ‘System Is Rigged’ Against Unaccompanied Migrant Children
- What Bresha Meadows, Arrested for Shooting Her Father After Reported Abuse, Faces Next
- Timeline: Donald Trump’s Shifting Position on Abortion Rights
- Anti-Choice Democrats Employ ‘Dangerous,’ Contradictory Strategies
- California Bill Aimed at Anti-Choice Videos Draws Free Speech Concerns
Explore Our Topics
From Protected Class to High-Priority Target: How the ‘System Is Rigged’ Against Unaccompanied Migrant Children
Vulnerable, undocumented youth who pose no real threat are being stripped of their right to an education and instead sit in detention awaiting deportation.
Trump’s murky position on abortion has caused an uproar this election season as conservatives grapple with a Republican nominee whose stance on the issue has varied over time. Join Rewire for a look back at the business mogul's changing views on abortion.
“Lawmakers should recognize that Arizona women deserve high-quality medical care—not political ideology masquerading as medicine," said Andrew Beck, staff attorney at the ACLU’s Reproductive Freedom Project.