If we do rebuild it will we keep the supersessionist imagery that was fundamental to medieval Christianity—and to anti-Semitism as well? At the very least, artists, architects, historians, theologians, and—yes—politicians ought to grapple with, rather than unthinkingly following the instincts of one deeply unpopular president.
Trending Religion Dispatches
- Justice Thomas Fails on Religious Test Answer
- Anti-Choice Groups Prove It’s Not Just About Abortion Anymore
- Government Prayer Isn’t Inclusive—Let’s Not Pretend Otherwise
- The Burning Houses of Worship We Missed
- God Need Not Be Real, But the Black Hole Photo Is
- House Hearing on White Nationalism Missed the Boat on Christian Nationalism
Fearless, independent journalism, direct to your inbox.
Sign up for our daily or weekly digest.