Much of the discussion of white evangelicals laments the loss of their moral standing, but such criticisms suffer under the misunderstanding that white evangelicalism in the United States has somehow devolved from a once salutary moral vision to brute political opportunism.
Trending Religion Dispatches
- A Pair of Christian Colleges Quietly Cracking Down on LGBTQ Acceptance
- The Problem of ‘Evil’ in Describing Southern Baptist Abuse Crisis
- The Way We Never Were: Calling Out Evangelicals For Hypocrisy Misses the Point
- If Not for AIPAC: What Ilhan Omar Should Have Said
- ‘When I Spoke in Tongues’ Points the Way Out of Fundamentalist Christianity
- Supreme Court Conservatives Allow Execution of Muslim Prisoner Despite Religious Freedom Violation