Behind earnestly worded appeals for religious freedom and respect is a pretense that the Framers of the Constitution and the First Amendment somehow intended to justify discrimination against others.
Trending Religion Dispatches
- Atheists Take Heart (and Office): New Poll Shows Major Support for Nonreligious Candidates
- The Women’s March, Anti-Semitism, and ‘The Jewish Farrakhan’
- Religious Freedom Manifesto Calls for Compromise and Civility—What’s So Wrong With That?
- In Face of GOP’s Shockingly Anti-Democratic Actions, ‘Love’ Is a Moral Failure
- Racism and Anti-Semitism Are Not Intrusions of a Dark Past Into Our Present
- Despite Reversal on Hillary and Hellen Keller, ‘Christian Americanist’ Bias Remains in Texas Curriculum