Behind earnestly worded appeals for religious freedom and respect is a pretense that the Framers of the Constitution and the First Amendment somehow intended to justify discrimination against others.
Trending Religion Dispatches
- Racism and Anti-Semitism Are Not Intrusions of a Dark Past Into Our Present
- Religious Freedom Manifesto Calls for Compromise and Civility—What’s So Wrong With That?
- The Women’s March, Anti-Semitism, and ‘The Jewish Farrakhan’
- The Landmark 85-Year-Old Report Absent From Debates Over Missionary’s Death
- In Face of GOP’s Shockingly Anti-Democratic Actions ‘Love’ Is a Moral Failure
- There’s Just One Problem With Upcoming Evangelical Summit on Sexual Violence