As a clinic escort in Louisville, I know what it's like for my local provider to be targeted by the anti-abortion extremists.
- There’s Nothing ‘Pro-Life’ About Denying Migrants Rights and Dignity
- Presidential Candidates Need to Get Real and Get Specific With Black and Brown Voters
- Reporting a Rape in Immigration Jail: One Asylum Seeker’s Fight for Justice (Updated)
- Why I Joined Abortion Activists in Milwaukee to Counter-Protest Operation Save America
- Want to Reduce Sex Trafficking? Decriminalize Sex Work.
- Democratic Debate Spotlights Transgender Rights in Historic Moment
White people, and white women in particular, must use the privileges we have to fight against all systems of oppression, even when we’re not directly affected.
Her treatment in custody and her death illustrate a larger pattern of systemic abuse by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) against immigrants in its custody and, more specifically, against LGBTQ asylum seekers.
Violence is not just in the anti-abortion movement’s past.
The doctor told Rewire.News that as recently as March, a woman in USMS custody experienced birth complications exacerbated by a delay in care “the patient asked for over and over again."
A Michigan state legislator calls out the theocratical thinking from abortion rights opponents who neither understand science, nor believe in human rights.