For people who are faced with image after image of Black bodies brutalized by those sworn to protect them, it is not simply a question of “Do we want to have children?” It is the realization that these youngins will have to grow up too soon and fear for their lives in a world that is clearly anti-Black.
- At Standing Rock, Environmental Justice Is Reproductive Justice
- Why I’m Delaying Motherhood Now More Than Ever
- Clinton Speaks About ‘Intolerable’ Shooting of Terence Crutcher With Message ‘Directly to White People’
- Congressional Black Caucus: Use ‘Full Weight of the Federal Government’ in Investigations of Police Shootings
- One of the Most Radical Anti-Choice Leaders Is Backing Trump
- For Native Women, It’s All About the Water
Clinton Speaks About ‘Intolerable’ Shooting of Terence Crutcher With Message ‘Directly to White People’
Making an appeal to white people, the Democratic presidential nominee said during a Tuesday appearance on the Steve Harvey Morning Show, "‘Look, this is not who we are.’ We’ve got to do everything possible to improve policing, to go right at implicit bias.”
Ojibwe and non-Natives alike, rich and poor, Democrats and Republicans, are all governed by the great leveler—nature. If we befoul our water, we poison ourselves.
Through its guidance, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development clarifies that a city ordinance is in violation of the Fair Housing Act if it has a discriminatory effect on people of a protected class who live in private or public housing and use emergency services.
“Newman's endorsement just goes to show why Trump has brought together the anti-choice movement and the racist, misogynistic alt-right: All of them share an intense desire to put women down and prevent us from being full partners in society," NARAL President Ilyse Hogue said.
Advocates told Rewire that it “obviously makes more sense” financially and otherwise to release the teen than to spend more than a hundred dollars a day keeping him detained, but that they anticipated this would be “a fight” with immigration agencies.