When one woman tried to obtain an order of protection against her ex-girlfriend, the court turned her down—noting that if she were dating a man, there would be no issue.
- Women and Girls of Color Need Justice Too
- Black Men Should Care About Survivors, No Matter How Many White Men Are Accused
- Fascists Were Once Again Outnumbered by Counter-Protesters—This Time in Wisconsin
- The Misogynistic Rhetoric Behind That Anti-Smartphone Op-Ed
- ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ Left Me Sleepless—But I’m Nobody’s Victim
- Three Narratives to Nix From Your Immigration Reporting in 2019
Disclosing abuse—and trying to document it—can be difficult and dangerous.
The “white men rape too” response to Surviving R. Kelly fails to recognize that allegations exist across communities—and it's all a problem.
In a foolish opinion piece that erases LGBTQ people and echoes incels, the New York Times suggests you trade in your smartphone to have sex 16,000 times a year.
Artist B Hayward reflects on her trials and tribulations navigating a health-care system that is only now becoming trans-aware.