Though the death reviews released by ICE provide further insight into the conditions inside detention centers, the bigger concern among researchers and advocates is what they don't know.
- Have a Problem With Black-Only Spaces? Get Over It
- Love, Respect, Accountability: What We Need in This Time of Tragedy and Crisis
- Black Lives Matter Belongs in Canada, Despite What Responses to Its Pride Action Suggest
- ICE Releases Reports for 18 Migrants Who Died in Detention, Medical Neglect Is Suspected
- This is Not The Story I Wanted—But It’s My Story of Rape
- #FreedomNow Protests: Police Union ‘Protects Violent Officers’
Privileging the voices of white LGBTQ Canadians who claim racism is not a part of Canada's history or present ignores the struggles of Canadians of color, including those who are LGBTQ.
Police officers have shot and killed 165 people in Texas since the start of 2015. Of those, 35 were Black men, 12 of whom were unarmed. There were 2 officers killed by firearms in Texas in 2015.
Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams said prosecutors failed to prove the elements of the crimes and wanted him to rely on "presumptions or assumptions.”
Speaking up, speaking out, changing systems... This is not disrespect or lack of love and support. It is the essence of the struggle for the rights of all people. It is democracy.
University of Denver's Joshua Wilson argues that prosecutions of abortion-clinic protesters and the decline of "rescue" groups in the 1980s and 1990s boosted conservative anti-abortion legal activism nationwide.