"As reproductive justice advocates, we recognize the insidious impact state-sponsored policies have on the dignity and rights of poor women of color who are often stripped of their ability to form the families they want."
- SESTA Is Already Having Devastating Impacts on Sex Workers—Just Like They Predicted (Updated)
- Housing Instability Is an Important (Yet Overlooked) Factor in the Maternal Health Crisis
- The ‘62 Days’ Filmmaker on the Laws That Can Turn a Brain-Dead Pregnant Person Into an ‘Incubator’
- High Risk, Few Resources: Bisexual Kids Lack Help When They Need It Most
- The Trump-Pence Administration Is Trying to Leave LGTBQ Kids Out of Its Survey on Crime
- Scott Lloyd Joins Hate Groups for Panel on Immigration
The bishops say the laws violate their right to religious liberty.
"People have power and I want them to begin using it to hold their government accountable for the abuse it does to people like me," said one formerly detained asylum seeker.
Scott Lloyd implied that the Office of Refugee Resettlement will be shifting gears and developing stricter standards for which young people get accepted into ORR custody.
Police kill more people in California than in any other state. From 2013 to 2017, there were 929 cases of police killings in California—primarily Black or Latinx men.
More than an extra star on the U.S. flag, establishing the District of Columbia as the 51st state would have a real impact on thousands of families.