The chair of the Democratic National Convention (DNC) this week blasted those who sit out on Election Day, and mothers who lost children to gun violence were given a platform at the party's convention.
- El Salvador Bill Would Put Those Found Guilty of Abortion Behind Bars for 30 to 50 Years
- Have a Problem With Black-Only Spaces? Get Over It
- New Pennsylvania Bill Is Just One Step Toward Helping Survivors of Economic Abuse
- ICE Releases Reports for 18 Migrants Who Died in Detention, Medical Neglect Is Suspected
- Black Lives Matter Belongs in Canada, Despite What Responses to Its Pride Action Suggest
- On Immigration, Major Political Parties Can’t Seem to Agree on What’s ‘Un-American’
Though the death reviews released by ICE provide further insight into the conditions inside detention centers, the bigger concern among researchers and advocates is what they don't know.
In New York City, activists called attention to the role the union plays in preventing police accountability. The activists called for the firing a police officer who fatally shot 37-year-old Delrawn Small while off duty in a road rage incident on July 4.
Privileging the voices of white LGBTQ Canadians who claim racism is not a part of Canada's history or present ignores the struggles of Canadians of color, including those who are LGBTQ.
Police officers have shot and killed 165 people in Texas since the start of 2015. Of those, 35 were Black men, 12 of whom were unarmed. There were 2 officers killed by firearms in Texas in 2015.
It's time for a shift in the use of “self-care” that creates space for actual care apart from the extra kindnesses and important, small indulgences that may be part of our self-care rituals, depending on our ability to access such activities.