After conflicts between its makers, the drug is back with a cheaper price tag and a new way to get it. Yet questions persist about whether it's necessary and whether it works.
Trending Sexual Health
- Health Researchers Quietly Tackle the Opioid Epidemic’s Hidden Crisis
- Will Second Time Be the Charm for ‘Female Viagra’ Pill Addyi?
- The Effects of the Global Gag Rule Are Being Felt Everywhere
- This Week in Sex: A Teenager Died From Toxic Shock Syndrome. But You Shouldn’t Panic, It’s Still Rare.
- In West Virginia, Doctors Assumed My Chronic Pain Was Really a Drug Problem
- These High School Football Players Are Getting a Crash Course in Sexual Consent
When you go to the doctor's office because you have a cough, you don't need a note from a psychiatrist to get an inhaler. Proponents of the informed consent model say this is how transition services, such as hormone replacement therapy, should be provided too.
This Week in Sex: A Teenager Died From Toxic Shock Syndrome. But You Shouldn’t Panic, It’s Still Rare.
Also, Usher tries to get a lawsuit alleging he knowingly gave a sex partner herpes dismissed.
In Kenya, desperate pregnant women and girls who lack access to safe medical care because of funding cuts under Trump’s global gag rule are turning to "curtain clinics” to terminate their pregnancies. Such clinics are run by people who aren’t nurses or doctors.
New opposition claims sex ed curricula promote the "LGTBQ agenda" and pornography. But few parents have heeded calls to remove their children from sexuality instruction at school.
Planned Parenthood has fought against workers' union drives since at least the early-2000s. “I’m passionate about reproductive health but ... I am so disillusioned by the exploitation of those working and sacrificing for the cause.”