It's time for a shift in the use of “self-care” that creates space for actual care apart from the extra kindnesses and important, small indulgences that may be part of our self-care rituals, depending on our ability to access such activities.
- Have a Problem With Black-Only Spaces? Get Over It
- Rep. Steve King: What Have People Of Color Contributed to Civilization?
- Former Klan Leader on Senate Run: My Views Are Now the ‘GOP Mainstream’
- Indiana Court of Appeals Tosses Patel Feticide Conviction, Still Defers to Junk Science
- Let’s Stop Conflating Self-Care and Actual Care
- Donald Trump and Mike Pence: The Anti-Immigrant Ticket
In New York City, activists called attention to the role the union plays in preventing police accountability. The activists called for the firing a police officer who fatally shot 37-year-old Delrawn Small while off duty in a road rage incident on July 4.
Privileging the voices of white LGBTQ Canadians who claim racism is not a part of Canada's history or present ignores the struggles of Canadians of color, including those who are LGBTQ.
King came under fire this month after local news station KCAU aired footage showing that the Iowa representative keeps a Confederate flag displayed on his desk.
“My greatest fear is that this ticket doesn’t seem to realize immigrants are actually an incredible resource that fuels our country," Wendy Feliz of the American Immigration Council told Rewire.
So far this year, legislators have introduced 1,256 provisions relating to sexual and reproductive health and rights. However, states have also enacted 22 measures this year designed to expand access to reproductive health services or protect reproductive rights.