“People need to be really concerned about this, about the lengths ICE is willing to go to silence a critic or someone fighting back."
- How a Mother in Sanctuary Became the Center of ICE’s ‘Crackdown on U Visas’
- On Being Black and ‘Disabled But Not Really’
- Native Americans Want More Than Empty Promises From 2020 Democrats
- Court Observers Are Shining a Light on the Immigration Court System
- Advocates of Color Are Creating Alternatives to Detention for LGBTQ Migrants
Without accountability, "it’s a black hole in terms of what’s happening" to asylum seekers at immigration court, one advocate told Rewire.News.
Despite the criticism of the episode, Hamilton’s appearance on Queer Eye felt like a step in the right direction for better representation of the diversity of disabled people.
Before appointing itself Savior of Puerto Rico and asserting even greater control over the island, the U.S. government must acknowledge and take accountability for its role in molding current conditions, as well as reckon with the injurious effects of U.S. imperialism and colonization globally.
It can seem incredibly hypocritical that the same administration that has launched a full-throated attack on access to abortion care is brutalizing pregnant migrants and letting babies die in detention centers. But, in fact, these policies are very much aligned.
What do we expect to get from these documents? First and foremost, Kavanaugh’s full views on abortion, which remain hidden as long as his records do.