At a time when Georgia voters have welcomed the first Black woman candidate for governor of any state, the Republican gubernatorial candidates seem to be in a competition to “out-racist” each other.
- Historic First Meets Racist History: Republicans Campaign on Hatred in Georgia
- Black Women’s Abortions Are Not ‘Black-on-Black Crime’
- Amid Staggering Maternal and Infant Mortality Rates, Native Communities Revive Traditional Concepts of Support
- Bethany Christian Services Is Fostering Migrant Kids. It Also Has a History of Coercive Adoptions.
- Scarlett Johansson’s Step Away From Trans Role Is Better Late Than Never
- An Open Letter to All White Women Seeking Redemption
It took the actress a while to get that she shouldn't play a trans man in an upcoming movie. But it's the right call in a Hollywood that's too comfortable with actors donning racial or gender identities like costumes.
Calling in Nancy Pelosi: Letter From White Women Asks House Minority Leader to Apologize to Maxine Waters
More than 3,700 white women have signed a letter calling on House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to apologize for recent remarks aimed at silencing Congresswoman Maxine Waters.
Facing the atrocity of our government’s attack on brown children at the border, will you continue to support Trump and his racist policies, or will you take this opportunity to redeem yourselves?
In granting the preliminary injunction, U.S. District Judge Paul Crotty observed that the policy was "at the zenith of impermissible agency actions.”
And that means making sure breastfeeding isn't isolated from reproductive justice and health—and that it's not framed as a simple matter of "choice."