Considering the disastrous consequences driver's license checkpoints can have for undocumented immigrants—and the recent moves on immigration by the Trump administration—Durham resident Brian Callaway told Rewire the checkpoint was cause for concern.
- Trump’s ‘Smart and Strategic’ Immigration Approach: Everyone Is Deportable
- Two Studies Bring Bad News About Cervical Cancer Deaths and HPV—So What Can We Do?
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- Sheriff’s Office Checkpoint Near Public School Stokes Confusion, Fear for Immigrants in Durham
- Republicans Voice Hardline Religious Imposition Rationales for Congress, Trump
- Trans Lives Depend on Resisting ‘Unlikely’ Partnerships
The idea behind the Art-Less project at Wellesley College's Davis Museum is similar to the message of the Day Without Immigrants national strike that took place earlier this month.
We need more people to be screened and vaccinated—and less stigma.
Mr. Trump, don't build that wall. Invest in all of our people.
Immigration activists protested for hours last night in downtown Los Angeles, calling for the release of those detained.
The legislation would have only permitted abortions after 20 weeks in cases of life endangerment. Violators would have faced civil penalties of at least $500 and the suspension or loss of a medical license.