The hopes of advocates and lawmakers rest on a bill currently sitting on the New Jersey governor’s desk that would eliminate the state’s welfare family cap.
- A Bad Aftertaste: David Brooks, Class, and the Politics of Food
- Black Lives Matter Network Marks Four Years With New Report
- Under a Trump Administration, the Power of the Vote Is in Increasing Danger
- Activists ‘Won’t Wait’ for Economic Policy Made by Working Families, for Working Families
- Will Chris Christie Yield on New Jersey’s ‘Embarrassing’ Welfare Cap?
- NC Woman’s Deportation Order a ‘Symbol of Everything Wrong With the Immigration System’
"We work to manifest a world where Black people are not constantly fighting to survive, but can thrive in safe and sustainable environments."
The North Korean state effectively killing Otto Warmbier, a civilian, is a tragedy. Donald Trump clearly understands this. Yet he refuses to see the similar tragedies in Black people being killed by the U.S. state.
Once alienated by the art world's emphasis on individualism, Bazant makes a point of producing portraits and art for, with, and about marginalized people and communities.
"Expecting local law enforcement to prioritize immigration efforts, without adequate funding or increased support from involved governmental agencies, will hinder an agency’s ability to focus its limited resources on the unique needs of the community it serves."
The elimination of funding for projects aimed at teen pregnancy is the latest move by the Trump administration to erode access to contraception.