It's time for a shift in the use of “self-care” that creates space for actual care apart from the extra kindnesses and important, small indulgences that may be part of our self-care rituals, depending on our ability to access such activities.
- Rep. Steve King: What Have People Of Color Contributed to Civilization?
- Have a Problem With Black-Only Spaces? Get Over It
- Love, Respect, Accountability: What We Need in This Time of Tragedy and Crisis
- Donald Trump and Mike Pence: The Anti-Immigrant Ticket
- Former Klan Leader on Senate Run: My Views Are Now the ‘GOP Mainstream’
- Black Lives Matter Belongs in Canada, Despite What Responses to Its Pride Action Suggest
In New York City, activists called attention to the role the union plays in preventing police accountability. The activists called for the firing a police officer who fatally shot 37-year-old Delrawn Small while off duty in a road rage incident on July 4.
Privileging the voices of white LGBTQ Canadians who claim racism is not a part of Canada's history or present ignores the struggles of Canadians of color, including those who are LGBTQ.
King came under fire this month after local news station KCAU aired footage showing that the Iowa representative keeps a Confederate flag displayed on his desk.
Speaking up, speaking out, changing systems... This is not disrespect or lack of love and support. It is the essence of the struggle for the rights of all people. It is democracy.
The Democrats' bill would repeal language from a measure that targets abortion clinics, forcing them to meet the standards of ambulatory surgical facilities.