White men, many of them fathers, have viciously held onto power but have not used it to make things OK for most people. It is time to dismantle that structure.
- White Protesters Fighting Abortion Bans Must Show Up for Black Lives Matter Too
- Trump Administration Separates Some Migrant Mothers From Their Newborns Before Returning Them to Detention
- Immigration Officials Push Health-Care Providers to ‘Clear’ Pregnant Migrants for Detention
- A Black Midwesterner’s Perspective on Abortion Access, Regional Culture, and Why People Should Care About the Midwest
- What Is ‘Sanctuary’ for a Black Immigrant Family in the US?
- As Fathers, We Must Commit to Dismantling the Patriarchy
The Thompsons may be the only Black family in sanctuary, but they want you to know they are a family first and asylum seekers second.
Nothing could prepare me for the messy political and emotional process of adopting while Black.
Immigrant leaders nationwide are turning to the federal courts to argue ICE violated the First Amendment when it targeted them for deportation based on their activism.
The doctor told Rewire.News that as recently as March, a woman in USMS custody experienced birth complications exacerbated by a delay in care “the patient asked for over and over again."
A web of state and national groups spent millions of dollars on organizing and lobbying in the states to pass this year’s abortion bans. But where did the money come from to make this all possible?