The president's 2018 budget proposal recommends the gutting of Medicaid and other public assistance programs while cutting all funding for Planned Parenthood.
- Montana’s Gianforte Donated to White Nationalists, Anti-Government Extremists
- The North Carolina Case Was a Win for Voting Rights, But the Fight Is Far From Over
- ‘Pro-Life’ Trump Budget ‘Reeks’ of Hypocrisy
- Haitian Immigrants Rally in Protest of Possible Deportations
- The Ina May Gaskin Racial Gaffe Heard ‘Round the Midwifery World
- Black Mamas Celebrate Freedom as Campaign Continues to Raise Money, Awareness of Bail System
“As humans we all make mistakes, but the judicial system is not set up for forgiveness.”
Nearly 2,000 people reportedly attended an event in Orlando where community leaders called for not only an extension of Haitians' temporary protected status, but also an extension of asylum protections to Haiti.
Racial justice organizations have worked with public defenders, communities of color, and faith or spiritual institutions to bail out Black mamas, some of whom are queer, trans, immigrants, and/or disabled.
If and when the ban makes it to the Supreme Court, the idea that Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch could prove to be the critical vote upholding it contains a bitter irony.