The proposed rule change could bar those seeking to immigrate to the United States from being able to enter, and deny lawful permanent residents the ability to further adjust their status and naturalize, simply for accessing services for their families to which they are legally entitled.
- Can We Trust ‘Law & Order’ to Truthfully Portray Hate Crimes in Future Spinoff?
- Why Dallas Authorities Are Desperate to Attack Botham Jean’s Character
- Trump Administration’s Latest Attack on Immigrants: ‘Starve Them Out’
- Advocates Urge Better Reporting on Violence Against Native Women as Federal Fixes Stall
- Manitoba Indigenous Doula Initiative Empowers Women, Helps Keep Kids Out of Welfare System
- #AbolishICE Is Not a Slogan, It’s a Call to Action
Given how the franchise made a remixed mess of a 2013 Trayvon Martin-inspired episode, I'm not counting on its producers to get it right.
In ‘Unapologetic,’ Charlene Carruthers Offers Young Black Organizers Inspiration, Purpose, and Strength
“There’s no magic bullet,” said Carruthers in an interview with Rewire.News. “At some point, people have to be driven and make an active choice to engage in some kind of way, no matter what that is. And oftentimes the single choice to do something leads to being able to deepen our work.”
Recent legislation "has no teeth," so Native advocates are keeping an eye on Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee's Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act, which would assist in efforts to track the crisis.
#AbolishICE is a call to action to individuals and local communities to engage in this transformation and bring about a better future for immigrants and current citizens alike. Here's how you can help.
Also: What do I do about my crush on my friend? And: How do I date?