The way the media represents these menstruation practices is crucial. There are myriad practices and, for some, they hold the key to healing from ongoing colonial violence.
- A Black Congresswoman in Hijab Is a Great Distraction From U.S. Complicity in Abuses Abroad
- No End in Sight for ‘Retaliatory Immigration Raids’ in North Carolina
- You Don’t Have to Believe Jussie Smollett. But Ask Yourself Why You Don’t.
- Why No One Noticed I Was Hungry
- ‘Honoring Our Monthly Moons’: Some Menstruation Rituals Give Indigenous Women Hope
- White-Washing White Supremacy: Media Rushes to Excuse Covington Catholic Students
A republic with democratic dreams is at stake.
Disordered eating, especially restricting and anorexia, is too often thought of as a thin, affluent white woman’s problem.
"In so many ways, She’yaa’s detainment has been a textbook example of what happens to Black immigrants in this country."
If left unacknowledged, persistent racial and gender disparities in HIV transmission and treatment will continue to thwart any effort to curtail the pandemic.
Legislators proposed several anti-choice amendments in the house judiciary committee's debate on H.57, which would codify abortion rights into state law.