"Planned Parenthood was aware of the proximity to ICE, but purchased the building with the understanding that the ICE office would be relocating," a spokesperson told Rewire.
- Montana’s Gianforte Donated to White Nationalists, Anti-Government Extremists
- ‘Pro-Life’ Trump Budget ‘Reeks’ of Hypocrisy
- Planned Parenthood Opens New Memphis Clinic to Better Serve Latino Residents—Next to an ICE Office
- The North Carolina Case Was a Win for Voting Rights, But the Fight Is Far From Over
- The Ina May Gaskin Racial Gaffe Heard ‘Round the Midwifery World
- Haitian Immigrants Rally in Protest of Possible Deportations
Montana's Greg Gianforte, who is running against Rob Quist for the state's only seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, has a history of donations to political candidates with deep ties to white nationalist groups and anti-government extremism.
“As humans we all make mistakes, but the judicial system is not set up for forgiveness.”
Nearly 2,000 people reportedly attended an event in Orlando where community leaders called for not only an extension of Haitians' temporary protected status, but also an extension of asylum protections to Haiti.
Racial justice organizations have worked with public defenders, communities of color, and faith or spiritual institutions to bail out Black mamas, some of whom are queer, trans, immigrants, and/or disabled.
For the first time ever, a federal court has held that the killing of a transgender person is a hate crime.