Community members created the Madeline Island Jingle Dress Project in the spring of 2018 to immerse Native and non-Native people in the history of the island.
- Racism Kills: What Community-Level Interventions Can Do About It
- Leading Health Group: Killings by Police Are a Public Health Issue
- On ‘Native Election Night,’ I Know My Mother Would Have Been Proud
- The Effects of Trump’s Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric Are Starting to Show in Preterm Birth Rates
- 19 Black Women Judges Swept to Victory in Texas. Here’s Why It Matters.
- Amid the Rise in Mass Shootings, an Ohio Law Arms Some EMTs
While everything feels urgent in these times, it’s important to keep in mind that the election cycle never ends in this country. We must take time to develop strategies based in sound assessments of the terrain in which we operate.
Members of the Shut Down Berks Coalition will join the muralist in Harrisburg today for a rally to close the detention facility. The art project comes just as President Trump moves to hold asylum seekers in “massive cities of tents."
New research suggests the current political environment is having a negative effect on the pregnancies of people in the United States born outside the country.
We are motivated to vote more than ever before because of the misogyny, Islamophobia, and anti-Semitism plaguing our nation. We will defend our bodies and our rightful place in the religious fabric of the United States.
There can be no freedom of religion without a government that is free from religion.