Anti-choice groups and activists lauded the Trump administration for acting to restrict federal family planning funds.
- Trump Administration Releases Final Text of Domestic ‘Gag Rule’ Restriction on Title X
- These Six Newly Elected Democratic Governors Are Already Moving to Enact Their Agenda
- A Black Congresswoman in Hijab Is a Great Distraction From U.S. Complicity in Abuses Abroad
- Legislative Lowlights: Republicans Use Secular Humanism to Attack LGBTQ Rights
- Pelosi Shouldn’t Bring Rubio’s Anti-BDS Measure to the House Floor
- When Your President Calls You a Murderer
Legislators proposed several anti-choice amendments in the house judiciary committee's debate on H.57, which would codify abortion rights into state law.
Illinois Democrats' pro-choice push could help providers cope with an influx of out-of-state patients by expanding the number of medical professionals who can provide in-clinic abortion services.
Democratic governors in Illinois, Maine, Kansas, Wisconsin, Michigan, and California are seeking to expand health-care access and LGBTQ protections.
State-level GOP lawmakers are taking policy advice from an electronic dance music producer who wants to ban same-sex marriage in the United States.
And in Maryland, state Republicans introduced not one, but three, so-called heartbeat bans.