The Russell Amendment would reverse nondiscrimination protections for about 28 million people in the federal contracting workforce.
- A Window Into Texas’ Publicly Funded Fake Abortion Clinics
- The Post-Traumatic Reality of Trump’s Candidacy
- Congresswoman Shares Sexual Assault Story Amid Trump Allegations
- Can Abortion Storytelling Break Through Politics as Usual?
- Artist at Work: Melissa Madera, Historian and Creator of the Abortion Diary Podcast
- Clinton Denounces Trump’s ‘Scare Rhetoric,’ Vows to Protect Abortion Rights
"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign,” Trump told the crowd Saturday during a rally in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. “Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never.”
The Arizona sheriff will face trial for contempt of court charges in December for violating a court order stemming from a 2007 racial profiling case. Arpaio intends to plead not guilty.
“The spike in hate we’ve seen online this election cycle is extremely troubling and unlike anything we have seen in modern politics. A half century ago, the KKK burned crosses. Today, extremists are burning up Twitter,” Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan A. Greenblatt said.
The fundraising efforts by Movement 2016 come amid Republican claims of nonexistent widespread voter fraud and efforts to intimidate voters in key states, particularly those with a history of voters being disenfranchised.
Many members of the GOP are suddenly reluctant to get behind their presidential nominee's claim that the election is "rigged." But even the 2016 Republican platform says that "voting procedures may be open to abuse. For this reason, we support legislation to require proof of citizenship when registering to vote and secure photo ID when voting."