President Trump’s appointment legitimizes the former president and CEO of Americans United for Life, an anti-choice copycat legislation mill looking to restrict access to comprehensive reproductive health care.
- Setting the Record Straight: What the Elevation of Heath Mello Tells Us About the Democratic Party
- Republicans Turn up Pressure on Trump to End LGBTQ, Contraception Protections
- Breaking: Trump Appoints Anti-Choice Extremist to Prominent HHS Post
- Why Is the DNC Embracing an Aggressively Anti-Choice Democrat?
- Campuses Wrestle With Wave of Hate-Based Incidents Since Election
- Why the March for Science Matters to Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice
An anti-choice front group waged a smear campaign that prompted violence against abortion providers. Cable news networks seemed not to care.
We've come to treat lies and misinformation about abortion as somehow different than lies and misinformation about climate change. They are no different.
Advocates have been on guard against an executive order like the religious imposition measures modeled after the federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act and others sweeping through GOP-held state legislatures.
Perez's support for reproductive rights comes as some in the Democratic Party, along with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), have seemed willing to accept anti-choice candidates into the Democratic fold.
The Center for Medical Progress fought all the way to the Supreme Court in late 2015 to try to avoid handing over information containing the identity of “supporters."