Tom Tancredo’s anti-abortion stance in a general election would likely work against him in a state that has voted down so-called personhood amendments three times.
- ICE Continues to Target North Carolina Mother, and It Is a Reproductive Justice Issue
- Republicans Ask Sessions to Prosecute Planned Parenthood Using Discredited Anti-Choice Smear Campaign
- Republicans Inject Extremist Fetal ‘Personhood’ Language Into Tax Plan (Updated)
- Republicans’ Proposed Tax Plans Will Have Devastating Consequences for People With Disabilities
- Democrats Flip Fourth Oklahoma State Seat in Special Election, Denying Anti-Choice Republican
- Anti-Choice Extremists Throw Press Conference in Support of Roy Moore
Republicans Ask Sessions to Prosecute Planned Parenthood Using Discredited Anti-Choice Smear Campaign
Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) last year directed his staff on the powerful Senate Judiciary Committee to investigate false claims that Planned Parenthood profited from fetal tissue donations.
It’s the 33rd state-level seat to flip to a Democrat since Donald Trump won the White House, according to the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee.
“We can’t understand the rise of Trump, or combat the forces he represents, without attention to reproductive politics," explains University of Massachusetts, Amherst Professor Laura Briggs in How All Politics Became Reproductive Politics: From Welfare Reform to Foreclosure to Trump.
While it’s critically important that the trans community remains politically active in electoral campaigns, canvassing and phone-banking can present particular challenges to trans volunteers.
“This is a real tragedy, and it’s one that’s backed up by sound statistics and sound science that lays out how important of a calamity it is."