Trump's presidential budget proposes to eliminate funding for a program helping those with low incomes obtain legal representation for things like obtaining restraining orders, preventing foreclosures, and ensuring elderly people aren't scammed by lenders.
- What the Media Misses When It Sees Appalachia as Just ‘Trump Country’
- Senior Senate Democrat Opens Talks With Architect of Planned Parenthood Smear Campaign
- The ‘Trans Tax’: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Leaving My House
- ‘Fringe’ Republican in Montana Congressional Race Faces Close Contest
- DNC Chair Tom Perez to Meet With Anti-Choice Democrats
- Montana’s Gianforte Donated to White Nationalists, Anti-Government Extremists
“This policy does not protect life. It jeopardizes the lives of countless women by withholding critical information and access to the full range of reproductive health care," said Nancy Northup, CEO of the Center for Reproductive Rights.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit held last year that the state's law "target[ed] African Americans with an almost surgical provision."
If and when the ban makes it to the Supreme Court, the idea that Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch could prove to be the critical vote upholding it contains a bitter irony.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) met with David Daleiden, who has worked with GOP lawmakers to erroneously accuse Planned Parenthood of profiting from fetal tissue donations.
Sexuality "is a normal, wonderful part of our lives, why the heck wouldn't we talk about it at church?" said Amy Johnson, OWL coordinator for the United Church of Christ. "We all have bodies. Jesus has a body. That's a big deal."