Among conservatives, “gender ideology” encompasses a broad range of horrors: LGBTQ-inclusive non-discrimination laws, transgender-inclusive school and ID-document policies, and comprehensive sex education, to name a few.
- Lawmakers Agree on HHS Spending Bill with No New Anti-Choice Restrictions (Updated)
- Ohio’s Next Secretary of State Could Clean Up GOP’s ‘Rigged’ Election Map
- Now Is an Especially Terrible Time for Texas to Stop Teaching Kids About Helen Keller
- Health-Care Industry Pumps Money Into Opposing Ben Jealous’ Medicare-For-All Push
- At Values Voter Summit, Religious Conservatives Stand by Kavanaugh
- State Department Changes Passport Website Language for Transgender People (Updated)
Understanding the past experiences of the disability community can help heighten awareness of current events and create more informed and engaged citizens.
Advocates expressed alarm over the leaked Title IX rule proposal, saying it will only end up hurting survivors of campus sexual assault.
This is how he’s handled the situation every step of the way: accusing people advocating for Puerto Rican lives of politicizing the issue, citing false statistics, claiming landslide victory, and blaming the victims in order to control the narrative surrounding the federal response.
If elected as Ohio's secretary of state, Kathleen Clyde said she would “stop the purging of infrequent voters on day one.”
Up to one in five U.S. voters may not know what the law really is.