The water crisis is "the end result of systemic oppression through the decades,” said Project Flint's Karina Petri.
- Trump’s ‘Smart and Strategic’ Immigration Approach: Everyone Is Deportable
- Sheriff’s Office Checkpoint Near Public School Stokes Confusion, Fear for Immigrants in Durham
- Amid Constituent Backlash, GOP to Punt Repeal of Popular Obamacare Benefits to Agency
- After Late Push, Pro-Choice Democrat Will Run in Kansas Special Election
- Title IX Protects Trans Students, No Matter What the Trump Administration Believes
- Media Must Challenge Anti-Choice Falsehoods About Planned Parenthood
Katy Talento, who spoke last week at CPAC, has pushed myths about contraception, including the false claim that hormonal contraceptives cause abortions, miscarriages, and reduced fertility.
"They’re very smart, they’re very cunning and they’re very dishonest," President Trump told the crowd of conservative activists.
Considering the disastrous consequences driver's license checkpoints can have for undocumented immigrants—and the recent moves on immigration by the Trump administration—Durham resident Brian Callaway told Rewire the checkpoint was cause for concern.
Congressional Republicans seem unwilling to take on more heat about their embattled goals to repeal the ACA and defund Planned Parenthood, leaving the dirty work to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
“This administration appears to be more interested in lining the coffers of its friends at private prison corporations than promoting common sense policies that would reduce the incarcerated population and close troubled prisons,” said Bob Libal, Grassroots Leadership’s executive director.