Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) charged that the bill gives broad powers to DHS to target immigrants, whether they're undocumented or have legal status, based on the mere belief of gang involvement.
- Alabama Attorney General Hopeful Wants to Make ‘Hell on Earth’ for Abortion Providers
- Anti-Choice Lobbyists Reportedly Press White House for GOP’s Total Abortion Ban
- How Hate Goes ‘Mainstream’: Gavin McInnes and the Proud Boys
- Senate Committee Considers More Radical Trump Judicial Nominees
- Haitian TPS Workers in Florida Doubly Affected by Hurricane Irma (Updated)
- Anti-Immigrant Bill Exacerbates DACA Tension on Capitol Hill
Samuel McLure argued that should anti-choice activists control the state government, they could effectively end legal abortion in the state no matter what courts decided on the issue. He added that a state militia could be used to defend the policy.
A Democratic Party official said GOP candidates "can’t hide from the shadow cast by the Trump administration."
Tom DeLay, the former Republican U.S. House of Representatives majority leader, joined anti-choice activists in pushing legislation that would ban abortion care nationwide.
The plan is far better than what we have now. But there are some other options that could go further.
The bill from Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) would unapologetically cover comprehensive reproductive health care (yes, including abortion) for everyone in the United States.