His legacy is reflected in dozens of characters we’ve grown to know and love, and in the opportunities his work made possible.
- Dear White House Press Corps: It’s Time to Boycott Trump
- Where Astrology and Social Justice Meet: A Q&A With Chani Nicholas
- Playing Gay and Playing It Safe: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s’ Straightwashing
- Stan Lee’s Boundary-Pushing Legacy
- Five Times ‘American Horror Story’ Was Spot on—or Way off—With Reproductive Horrors
- DeRay Mckesson’s Misguided Case for Hope
In a dim, bustling bar at the San Francisco Four Seasons, Nicholas spoke with me about her childhood, her journey to astrology, and how she inspires social justice movements through her work.
Trump is a threat to journalism and to democracy. It's time for the White House Press Corps to boycott him.
The new biopic of Queen's audacious Freddie Mercury skirts around his sexuality—while straight actors think it's their right to take on LGBTQ roles.
Forced commitment to a mental health hospital, rape, denial of abortion, a coat-hanger abortion, a pastor who holds a woman hostage and lets her bleed to death as punishment for an abortion: The FX show has it all.
Tuesday night's races for governor saw some groundbreaking victories—and some surprises.