Every month, CREDO Mobile, the country's only progressive phone company, allocates $150,000 to be given away to three nonprofit groups. How much of the donation each group gets depends on the number of votes they receive. And we are asking you to take a moment to vote for Rewire.
- Hillary Clinton Played a Critical Role in Making Emergency Contraception More Accessible
- California Bill Aimed at Anti-Choice Videos Draws Free Speech Concerns
- When It Comes to Threats, Online or on the Campaign Trail, It’s Not Up to Women to ‘Suck It Up’
- Filmmaker Tracy Droz Tragos Centers Abortion Stories in New Documentary
- The ‘HUSH’ Documentary: Another Secret Recording Inside an Abortion Clinic
- Survivor-Activists Ask Colleges to #JustSaySorry
"There are systems in place that are attacking our communities," explained Tara Tee of Hands Up United. "A lot of the things we’re doing is just rebuilding and creating plans to sustain, so that whatever this gap is doesn’t occur again.
Helen Gurley Brown was a publishing giant and pop-culture feminist theorist. But according to her latest biographer, she was a mass of insecurities even as she confidently told single people, especially women, to take charge of their sex lives.
#JustSaySorry is calling on current and prospective students as well as alumni to post on social media that they will withhold donations until those institutions do the bare minimum: “Issue an acknowledgment and apology to students who feel or have felt less valued and less safe because of the way they’ve responded to campus sexual assault.”
Activists in the Movement for Black Lives seek to move away from the perception that Black Lives Matter is just about taking to the streets and calling for officer convictions following police shootings—and remind the public that their work is rooted in a far-reaching battle against the societal institutions that oppress and kill Black people.
"Why did we take those steps? Because every day is a day where some number of women could potentially be misinformed about [their] reproductive options," Feuer said. "And therefore every day is a day that a woman's health could be jeopardized."