Rivera was there for me, along with the rest of the Glee cast, with uplifting vocals years ago when I had an abortion. Flash forward to today, and Rivera is there for me again, using her voice in a different way. Because she was so open with her story, I have been inspired to share my own in an article for the first time.
- Hillary Clinton Played a Critical Role in Making Emergency Contraception More Accessible
- Jessica Luther Offers NCAA a New Playbook for ‘Unsportsmanlike Conduct’ in Debut Book
- Filmmaker Tracy Droz Tragos Centers Abortion Stories in New Documentary
- This Election Season, Rewire Needs Your Vote
- The ‘HUSH’ Documentary: Another Secret Recording Inside an Abortion Clinic
- When It Comes to Threats, Online or on the Campaign Trail, It’s Not Up to Women to ‘Suck It Up’
Every month, CREDO Mobile, the country's only progressive phone company, allocates $150,000 to be given away to three nonprofit groups. How much of the donation each group gets depends on the number of votes they receive. And we are asking you to take a moment to vote for Rewire.
Threats of violence toward women are commonplace on the internet for the same reason that they are increasingly common at Donald Trump rallies: They are effective at perpetuating violence against women as the norm.
"There are systems in place that are attacking our communities," explained Tara Tee of Hands Up United. "A lot of the things we’re doing is just rebuilding and creating plans to sustain, so that whatever this gap is doesn’t occur again.
Helen Gurley Brown was a publishing giant and pop-culture feminist theorist. But according to her latest biographer, she was a mass of insecurities even as she confidently told single people, especially women, to take charge of their sex lives.
Missouri state Rep. Stacey Newman (D) said the Missouri General Assembly's "witch hunt hearings" were "closely modeled" on those in the U.S. Congress. Specifically, she drew parallels between Republicans' special investigative bodies—the U.S. House of Representatives’ Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives and the Missouri Senate’s Committee on the Sanctity of Life.