The Court has decided, time and time again, that it is illegal to rely on a stereotype about a group in making a decision about an individual employee. It's not clear whether Gorsuch agrees.
Trending Maternity and Birthing
- The Worst ‘Alternative Facts’ About Abortion
- Paid Family Leave Changed My Life
- What to Think About When Considering Donating Your Eggs
- In Rebuking Prenatal Coverage, Republicans Don’t Understand How Health Insurance Works
- Texas Legislators ‘Ignore’ Spiking Black Maternal Mortality Rates
- Would Gorsuch Follow Supreme Court Precedent Rejecting Discrimination?
The time after the birth of my first child wasn't just difficult. It was a profoundly sad stretch, in which my wife's emotional, mental, and physical health deteriorated. I felt helpless, wanting to be there, but only getting to see our new baby for a few minutes every weekday after rushing home from work.
Out of all the Affordable Care Act's policies, Republicans have long targeted those that help pregnant people and new parents.
The Trump administration's withdrawal of protections for transgender students may put Gavin Grimm's Supreme Court case on hold.
Congressional Republicans seem unwilling to take on more heat about their embattled goals to repeal the ACA and defund Planned Parenthood, leaving the dirty work to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
In other news, the Southern Poverty Law Center wins a victory against a modern debtors' prison in Alabama, and it intends to investigate if anti-LGBTQ groups are influencing Trump administration policies.