Our history is marred by examples of contraceptive coercion. Family planning programs and research can counter that history by changing how we define our goals and success.
Trending Maternity and Birthing
- Reproductive Control: The Enduring State Violence Against Incarcerated Black Women
- Home Birth: Out of Reach for Appalachians
- Should Preventing Unintended Pregnancy Be Family Planning’s Holy Grail?
- In ‘Like a Mother,’ a Truly Feminist Pregnancy Book for the Nerd in You
- Federal Appeals Court Dismisses Challenge to Wisconsin’s ‘Personhood’ Law
- The Women Behind the Statue
The centuries-old practice of giving birth at home, assisted by midwives, once common in rural areas, has become too costly and too complicated for some Appalachian families.
Author Angela Garbes has a way with the odd scientific facts about pregnancy, but ultimately wants you to know that you're still yourself while gestating or parenting.
Being compensated for your time is one issue, but egg donors are not only chosen for their time.
Ali Wong is the only pussy-grabber I want influencing the White House’s parental leave policy.
Corey Stewart, who was seemingly endorsed by President Trump, has close ties to a white supremacist group whose members were never far from Stewart's side during his failed gubernatorial run.