Among conservatives, “gender ideology” encompasses a broad range of horrors: LGBTQ-inclusive non-discrimination laws, transgender-inclusive school and ID-document policies, and comprehensive sex education, to name a few.
- Leaked Title IX Rule Would Allow Religious Schools to Discriminate—Without Saying Why
- State Department Changes Passport Website Language for Transgender People (Updated)
- Ask a Queer Chick: How Do I Process My Friends’ Trauma Without Taking It on Myself?
- Resisting the Rage That Paralyzes: Rebecca Solnit Writes of Organized Anger
- #MeToo Leaves Its Mark From State Capitols to Classrooms
Also: What do I do about my crush on my friend? And: How do I date?
"Transgender people can and absolutely should continue to update and renew their passports," said Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality.
Inertia is understandable these days. But Standing Rock's sweeping coalition and today's activists' use of the past should give—dare we say it?—some hope.
The one-page order keeps in place a lower court ruling that the city of Philadelphia can require social service agencies with city contracts to comply with nondiscrimination laws.
The normalization of sexual assault perpetuates rape culture, and there are dangerous health consequences for victims, perpetrators, and for the public at large.