“The slew of violence against Black trans women needs to be certified as an epidemic and public health crisis beyond just reading the names of murdered women," said Alex Corona, a board member of the Sex Workers Outreach Project.
- After Two Hours of Arguments, Five Votes Could Decide the Future of LGBTQ Rights
- Supreme Court Protesters Condemn ‘Abhorrent’ Attempt to Gut LGBTQ Employment Rights
- Ten Reasons Folks Should Care About the Hyde Amendment
- At LGBTQ Town Hall, Democratic Presidential Candidates Vow to Confront Violence Against Trans Women
- Roberts Court Resumes With Abortion, LGBTQ Rights at Center
- 13 Books by LGBTQ Writers to Read This Fall
On the first day of its 2019-2020 term, the Roberts Court will consider taking up three different abortion rights cases.
Trans advocates have forged our own paths and led efforts where there were none. The CDC needs to meet our experts on equal ground and acknowledge this divide that it too has been guilty of perpetuating.
"There’s a lot he can do to help LGBTQ individuals .... and all he’s doing here is trying to restrict reproductive autonomy."
Deputy Assistant Attorney General Hashim Mooppan argued at Monday's hearing that referrals for abortion are permitted under Trump's Title X rule if medically necessary. The purpose of the law, Mooppan said, is to ensure that abortion does not become a method of family planning.