Community members created the Madeline Island Jingle Dress Project in the spring of 2018 to immerse Native and non-Native people in the history of the island.
Trending Law and Policy
- The Supreme Court Case That Could Bring Down the Wall of Separation Between Church and State
- Republican Voters Just Handed the U.S. Senate More Control Over the Future of ‘Roe’
- Trump Administration Moves to Finalize Rules Upending Birth Control Benefit (Updated)
- I Was Denied Health Care for Months Because of the Gender Marker on One Form
- Trump Administration Moves to Restrict Birth Control Benefit and Abortion in Post-Midterm Attack
- Self-managed Abortion Highlights Need to Decriminalize Abortion Worldwide
While covering the midterms from Minnesota, I couldn't help but feel the pride my mother would have felt had she lived to see this day.
After Tuesday's midterms, GOP legislators might be the only ones left who steadfastly oppose Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act.
Supporters of the bill argue that paramedics face the same situations as police, but some emergency medical technicians worry about blurring the line between medical care and law enforcement. "[That’s] ... what police are supposed to do—and we’re not.”
This tells me that cis people would rather I languish than be myself.
Trump is a threat to journalism and to democracy. It's time for the White House Press Corps to boycott him.