A transgender student in Virginia sued the local school board, arguing that its policy of mandating that students use bathrooms consistent with their “biological sex” rather than their gender identity was unconstitutional.
Trending Law and Policy
- Former Klan Leader on Senate Run: My Views Are Now the ‘GOP Mainstream’
- ‘Pro-Life’ Pence Transfers Money Intended for Vulnerable Households to Anti-Choice Crisis Pregnancy Centers
- For Students at Religious Universities, Contraception Coverage Isn’t an Academic Debate
- El Salvador Bill Would Put Those Found Guilty of Abortion Behind Bars for 30 to 50 Years
- Exclusive: House GOP Budgets $1.2 Million for Anti-Choice ‘Witch Hunt’
- Wisconsin Can’t Enforce GOP’s Voter ID Law in November
The Obama administration, however, has not signaled support for rolling back the Hyde Amendment's ban on federal funding for abortion care.
Anti-choice groups and lawmakers in Texas are charging that coerced abortion has reached epidemic levels, citing bogus research published by researchers who oppose legal abortion care.
A campaign fact sheet cited an April survey showing that 59 percent of the 2,400 U.S. small businesses polled favor raising the minimum wage, and that about 40 percent of those polled already pay entry-level employees "far above" the required minimum wage in their location.
Those asylum seekers include Mahbubur Rahman, the leader of #FreedomGiving, the nationwide hunger strike that spanned nine detention centers last year and ended when an Alabama judge ordered one of the hunger strikers to be force fed.
Though the death reviews released by ICE provide further insight into the conditions inside detention centers, the bigger concern among researchers and advocates is what they don't know.