Michigan Republicans want to defund several independent clinics and local Planned Parenthood affiliates, which provide critical health services other than abortion care.
Trending Law and Policy
- Sessions Wastes No Time Attacking LGBTQ Rights
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- Before ‘Roe,’ This University Had an Abortion Fund for Students
- White GOP Lawmakers Behind Almost Every Anti-Choice Bill in 2017
- South Dakota Lawmaker Defends Bill by Saying Some Aborted Fetuses are Female
- ICE Account of Mass Immigration Arrests Contradicts Trump
Despite the fact that the Trump administration has yet to score a legal victory in defending its Muslim ban, attorneys from the state of Texas want in on the case.
“This law had one purpose: to limit a woman’s access to her constitutionally-guaranteed medical care. We are pleased that the court has agreed,” said Nancy Abudu, legal director for the ACLU of Florida.
"It is hard to believe that Mr. Acosta would now be nominated to lead a federal agency tasked with promoting lawful hiring practices and safe workplaces," said Kristen Clarke, executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
“If past is prologue, we could see a number of congressional attacks targeted not just to Planned Parenthood but that will compromise the sustainability of the entire family planning safety net,” said Audrey Sandusky, director of advocacy and communications for the National Family Planning & Reproductive Health Association.
After bringing up Jim Crow laws at a house committee hearing, the Missouri NAACP president was stopped from testifying further.