A series of lawsuits filed to challenge the Trump administration's attack on the birth control benefit show that advocates do not intend to let this administration run over the rights of students and employees.
Trending Law and Policy
- Immigrant Minor Held ‘Hostage’ in Texas Because She Wants Abortion Care
- First-Ever Sex Discrimination Legal Network Is Ready to Defend Women in Trump’s America
- ‘Anti-Choice Fanaticism’ in the U.S. Immigration System: The Real Reason Jane Doe’s Abortion Request Is Being Denied
- Gun Control = Abortion Restrictions? Not by a Long Shot.
- How the United States Makes Migrants ‘Pay’ for Their Crimes—and Then Moves to Deport Them
- Study: Abortion Pills Ordered Online Were Safe, But None Came With Instructions
"The reality is that our criminal justice system, the laws and consequences, are just as broken as the immigration system."
Thursday's executive orders are only the latest attempts to deny millions of people vital care.
“I think this is way more political than anything else. And now, they’re kind of like post hoc trying to figure out what any of it means.”
"The government is basically trying to argue that undocumented immigrants have zero rights, including the right to abortion."
The civil rights group is calling out the U.S. Department of Commerce for not doing enough to make sure "hard-to-count" groups are tallied in the 2020 survey.