The legal fight over the Dakota Access Pipeline could hinge on the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision.
Trending Law and Policy
- Sessions Wastes No Time Attacking LGBTQ Rights
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- Before ‘Roe,’ This University Had an Abortion Fund for Students
- White GOP Lawmakers Behind Almost Every Anti-Choice Bill in 2017
- ‘I Never Thought Hanging Out in a Parking Lot Would Be So Rewarding’: Reflections on Clinic Escort Appreciation Day
- South Dakota Lawmaker Defends Bill by Saying Some Aborted Fetuses are Female
"It is hard to believe that Mr. Acosta would now be nominated to lead a federal agency tasked with promoting lawful hiring practices and safe workplaces," said Kristen Clarke, executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
“If past is prologue, we could see a number of congressional attacks targeted not just to Planned Parenthood but that will compromise the sustainability of the entire family planning safety net,” said Audrey Sandusky, director of advocacy and communications for the National Family Planning & Reproductive Health Association.
While today’s strike is in direct response to President Trump’s anti-immigrant executive orders and last week’s immigration sweeps that resulted in the detainment of nearly 700 undocumented people nationwide, this isn’t the first Day Without Immigrants.
Mr. Trump, don't build that wall. Invest in all of our people.
If clinics were to shut down in Orange and San Bernardino counties, thousands of patients would be left scrambling.