“This administration appears to be more interested in lining the coffers of its friends at private prison corporations than promoting common sense policies that would reduce the incarcerated population and close troubled prisons,” said Bob Libal, Grassroots Leadership’s executive director.
Trending Law and Policy
- Trump’s ‘Smart and Strategic’ Immigration Approach: Everyone Is Deportable
- Amid Constituent Backlash, GOP to Punt Repeal of Popular Obamacare Benefits to Agency
- After 12 Years of Uncertainty, Salvadoran Woman Imprisoned After a Miscarriage Is Free
- Sheriff’s Office Checkpoint Near Public School Stokes Confusion, Fear for Immigrants in Durham
- Surprise: South Dakota Republicans Reject Abortion Ban
- Media Must Challenge Anti-Choice Falsehoods About Planned Parenthood
In withdrawing the Obama administration's guidance on Title IX and transgender student rights, the Trump administration showed neither compassion nor an understanding of how federal law works.
The Family Research Council, identified as an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, has joined the push to ban the most common type of second trimester abortion care in Texas.
The idea behind the Art-Less project at Wellesley College's Davis Museum is similar to the message of the Day Without Immigrants national strike that took place earlier this month.
Reproductive rights advocates told Rewire that South Dakota lawmakers were likely deterred by the prospect of expensive litigation.
Such discriminatory action was not unexpected with Attorney General Jeff Sessions, known for his fierce opposition to LGBTQ rights, at the helm.