The U.S. Supreme Court just declined to clear up whether Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Trending Law and Policy
- Thousands Circle North Carolina’s Busiest Abortion Clinic as Anti-Choice Group Marches On
- Senate Rules Strike Extremist Fetal ‘Personhood’ Language From Regressive Tax Overhaul
- Cakes for the Klan? Conservatives Craft a Trojan Horse in Supreme Court’s LGBTQ Discrimination Case
- Gavel Drop: Brock Turner Appeal Quibbles About ‘Trash Bin’ Versus ‘Garbage Enclosure’
- ‘It’s Unthinkable’: Pennsylvania Lawmakers Fast-Track ‘Dangerous’ Anti-Choice Bill
- Your Money or Your Life? The GOP Wants Both
"Waking every day is both a miracle that we haven't died and exhausting just thinking of what’s yet to come."
State GOP lawmakers have moved the anti-choice bill without input from medical professionals, according to advocates, who say the proposal has such narrow exceptions that it could land doctors in prison for providing standard abortion care.
Three congressional committee investigations, 13 states, and a Texas grand jury have debunked heavily edited videos targeting Planned Parenthood. That might not deter Jeff Sessions' Department of Justice.
Anti-Choice Crusaders Team Up in Ohio Gubernatorial Race as Abortion Access Nears the ‘Breaking Point’
"What happens in Ohio may not stay in Ohio. It may have implications in the 45-year battle over Roe v. Wade.”
A report released Friday charges that police at the August 12 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville were told not to intervene in riots that injured many and killed a counter protester.