Anti-choice groups and activists lauded the Trump administration for acting to restrict federal family planning funds.
Trending Law and Policy
- South Dakota’s House Just Passed an Anti-Trans Bill. It Could Be Coming to Your State Next. (Updated)
- Trump Administration Releases Final Text of Domestic ‘Gag Rule’ Restriction on Title X
- ‘Welcome to Colorado, Where You Can Get a Safe, Legal Abortion’
- What You Need to Know About Trump’s Attacks on the Federal Family Planning Program
- Pro-Choice Bills Could Cement Illinois as the Midwest’s Abortion Care Oasis
- These Six Newly Elected Democratic Governors Are Already Moving to Enact Their Agenda
Legislators proposed several anti-choice amendments in the house judiciary committee's debate on H.57, which would codify abortion rights into state law.
Illinois Democrats' pro-choice push could help providers cope with an influx of out-of-state patients by expanding the number of medical professionals who can provide in-clinic abortion services.
Democratic governors in Illinois, Maine, Kansas, Wisconsin, Michigan, and California are seeking to expand health-care access and LGBTQ protections.
State-level GOP lawmakers are taking policy advice from an electronic dance music producer who wants to ban same-sex marriage in the United States.
Advocates said by taking legal action against harm reduction facilities, the federal government is saying "the law is the law and if more people die, tough shit."