Among conservatives, “gender ideology” encompasses a broad range of horrors: LGBTQ-inclusive nondiscrimination laws, transgender-inclusive school and ID-document policies, and comprehensive sex education, to name a few.
Trending Law and Policy
- I’m a Doctor for Teenagers. Attempted Rape Is Not a Normal Part of Teen Behavior.
- GOP Wants ‘Aunt Lydia’ and Attack-Dog Staffer to Question Dr. Blasey Ford
- Leaked Title IX Rule Would Allow Religious Schools to Discriminate—Without Saying Why
- Cincinnati Public School Students With Disabilities Are Protected on Paper But Say They’re Treated Poorly in Practice
- ‘Please Do Not Vote to Turn the Clock Back’: People With Disabilities Testify Against Kavanaugh
- Brett Kavanaugh’s ‘Forced Abortion’ Decision Is About Far More Than Reproductive Rights
The normalization of sexual assault perpetuates rape culture, and there are dangerous health consequences for victims, perpetrators, and for the public at large.
While Secretary Pompeo may say that refusing more refugees will somehow reduce the immigration system’s operational burden, this is simply an excuse for more immigration policies that could drastically harm or even end immigrant lives.
Chuck Grassley and Orrin Hatch want Dr. Christine Blasey Ford to submit to "impartial" questioning by an attack-dog GOP staffer and an Aunt Lydia proxy.
The U.S. Supreme Court's
This is how he’s handled the situation every step of the way: accusing people advocating for Puerto Rican lives of politicizing the issue, citing false statistics, claiming landslide victory, and blaming the victims in order to control the narrative surrounding the federal response.