Immigration and Customs Enforcement detained Pablos on March 7 “in retaliation” for protesting the Department of Homeland Security at a rally in Virginia earlier this year, according to advocates.
- Scott Lloyd Joins Hate Groups for Panel on Immigration
- Gorsuch Sides With Immigrant in Striking Portion of Deportation Law
- Tennessee Immigration Raid Creates Chaos and Solidarity
- #ICEOnTrial: Advocates Rally to Hold Federal Agency Accountable for Systemic Abuses
- ‘Enough Is Enough’: Legal Advocates File Petition to Intervene in Family Detention Licensing Case
- ICE Held Teen Girl in Majority-Male Detention Center for More Than a Month
The bishops say the laws violate their right to religious liberty.
The petitioners do not understand why Pennsylvania officials haven't exercised their authority to close the facility "despite evidence of serious regulatory violations."
"People have power and I want them to begin using it to hold their government accountable for the abuse it does to people like me," said one formerly detained asylum seeker.
Scott Lloyd implied that the Office of Refugee Resettlement will be shifting gears and developing stricter standards for which young people get accepted into ORR custody.
“Our students should have access to comprehensive, medically accurate, and age-appropriate sex education, not curriculum based on one politician’s religious beliefs."