Removal of the guide may violate ACA regulations requiring navigators undergo training to ensure they meet the needs of underserved and vulnerable populations like the Latino community.
- Trump Administration Erases Latino Outreach Guide From Obamacare Website
- When Love Is Not Enough: The Health Toll of Immigration Enforcement (Updated)
- Sanctuary Leader ‘Kidnapped’ by ICE at Immigration Appointment (Updated)
- Immigrant Women in Abusive Relationships Face Long Delays for Green Cards—and Possible Deportation
- Gavel Drop: Philly and Catholic Agency Spar Over Same-Sex Adoption
- On Hunger Strike, Immigrant in ICE Custody Is Hospitalized (Corrected)
Following Samuel Oliver-Bruno's arrest over the holiday weekend, advocates claim Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) worked with USCIS to lure Oliver-Bruno out of his sanctuary church to quickly detain and deport him.
"The damage Scott Lloyd inflicted on the people he was charged to protect, and to the agency itself, will not be easily erased."
Starting today USCIS can begin deportation proceedings on victims of trafficking, crime, and domestic violence if their visa petitions have been denied.
Amar Mergensana continued his strike after other detained people ended their protest, telling advocates he would continue to starve himself until "he either died or was released."
Anti-choice groups called on the president not to sign any budget containing federal funding for Planned Parenthood or fetal tissue research.