The fact is, in every occupation and at every level, women earn less than men doing exactly the same work.
Trending Human Rights
- Have a Problem With Black-Only Spaces? Get Over It
- Wisconsin Can’t Enforce GOP’s Voter ID Law in November
- Reproductive Justice Groups Hit Back at RNC’s Anti-Choice Platform
- Let’s Stop Conflating Self-Care and Actual Care
- Indiana Court of Appeals Tosses Patel Feticide Conviction, Still Defers to Junk Science
- Democrats’ Latest Platform Silent on Discriminatory Welfare System
A campaign fact sheet cited an April survey showing that 59 percent of the 2,400 U.S. small businesses polled favor raising the minimum wage, and that about 40 percent of those polled already pay entry-level employees "far above" the required minimum wage in their location.
Those asylum seekers include Mahbubur Rahman, the leader of #FreedomGiving, the nationwide hunger strike that spanned nine detention centers last year and ended when an Alabama judge ordered one of the hunger strikers to be force fed.
Republicans have a good grip on the courts and are fighting hard to keep it that way.
It's time for a shift in the use of “self-care” that creates space for actual care apart from the extra kindnesses and important, small indulgences that may be part of our self-care rituals, depending on our ability to access such activities.
The Trump family's RNC claims about crime and the presidential candidate's record on gender equality have kept fact-checkers busy.