"We are health-care providers; we’re not being seen or treated as health-care providers by our legislators, by people in these positions of power. And yet we’re putting ourselves at the same risk as people are in hospitals."
Trending Human Rights
- ‘Sadness Beyond Tears’ as COVID-19 Abortion Ban Brings Chaos to Texas Clinics
- When the Abortion Clinic Is Open, but You Have No Way to Get There
- Meet the Trump Judge Who Handed Texas Its Abortion Ban
- Here’s How You Can Help Sex Workers During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- How We Can Take Down the Tampon Tax and End Period Poverty
- They Didn’t Have Coronavirus Symptoms Until After They Gave Birth. Then They Tested Positive.
“Not enough conversation is happening around how we transport patients and our volunteer networks that exist around the country.”
It’s asymptomatic people who may hold the most urgent lessons for a maternal care system that is scrambling to reinvent itself during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this new monthly column, we examine Trump-appointed judges, including Kyle Duncan, who are upending long-standing civil and human rights.
“I'm hurting just thinking about the people we have to turn away, and what they might do or experience without access to safe abortion care."
With anti-abortion state officials using COVID-19 to stop legal abortion and millions losing their jobs, abortion funds are seeing a crush of requests.