I am proud to be one of ten trans artists of color who contributed to this year's Trans Day of Resilience art project, an extension of Trans Day of Remembrance.
Trending Human Rights
- Democrats Are About to Lose the Federal Courts for a Lifetime
- For the First Time, Disability Rights Are a Major Campaign Issue
- Despite Supreme Court Win, Texas Abortion Clinics Still Shuttered
- Campaign Week in Review: Pete Buttigieg Opposes the Anti-Choice Helms Amendment
- ‘This Fight Has Existential Stakes’: How a Court Ruling Has Thrown Kansas Abortion Laws Into Flux
- These Five Provisions Are Necessary in Any Legislation Aimed at Saving Mothers’ Lives
The state's forced parental consent bill has been referred to as a “stalking horse” meant to overhaul Florida’s constitutional right to privacy, which protects access to abortion.
This week, Pete Buttigieg's campaign said he backs ending the anti-choice Helms Amendment, and Sen. Kamala Harris spoke about her plan to safeguard abortion rights.
The Kansas Supreme Court ruling that abortion is a fundamental right has sent anti-choice organizations and lawmakers scrambling.
“If [the personhood movement] succeeds, the people who get pregnant are going to lose their fundamental rights… to privacy, to equality, to due process of law.”
Activists, advocates, and even organizations that fundraise on anti-revenge porn work have an obligation to speak up when we see this abuse happening.