Reproductive health, rights, and justice advocates say the Helms Amendment's ban on using foreign assistance funds for abortion deserves more attention.
Trending Human Rights
- How a Mother in Sanctuary Became the Center of ICE’s ‘Crackdown on U Visas’
- A Near-Total Abortion Ban Isn’t Enough for Some Tennessee Republicans
- Fifth Circuit Appears Ready to Ignore Supreme Court Precedent…Again
- These States Are Protecting Family Planning Clinics Under Trump’s Domestic ‘Gag Rule’
- These 2020 Democrats Support Repealing the Helms Amendment’s Ban on Foreign Assistance Funding for Abortion
- Native Americans Want More Than Empty Promises From 2020 Democrats
States are replacing the millions clinics will lose when they exit Title X after the Trump administration imposes its domestic "gag rule."
Meanwhile, the Trump administration is creating unnecessary administrative burdens for those receiving abortion care through ACA plans.
Even in states most hostile to reproductive rights, less than one quarter of respondents favor a total ban on abortion.
President Donald Trump spent the last two-and-a-half years packing the Supreme Court and the lower federal courts with ideologically extreme judges.