The Northwestern professor says focusing on physicians' rights has been a mistake, but that telling personal abortion stories in private can help right the ship and effect social change.
Trending Human Rights
- I’m a Doctor for Teenagers. Attempted Rape Is Not a Normal Part of Teen Behavior.
- Can We Trust ‘Law & Order’ to Truthfully Portray Hate Crimes in Future Spinoff?
- Leaked Title IX Rule Would Allow Religious Schools to Discriminate—Without Saying Why
- Cincinnati Public School Students With Disabilities Are Protected on Paper But Say They’re Treated Poorly in Practice
- ‘Please Do Not Vote to Turn the Clock Back’: People With Disabilities Testify Against Kavanaugh
- Why Dallas Authorities Are Desperate to Attack Botham Jean’s Character
The normalization of sexual assault perpetuates rape culture, and there are dangerous health consequences for victims, perpetrators, and for the public at large.
Also: What do I do about my crush on my friend? And: How do I date?
While Secretary Pompeo may say that refusing more refugees will somehow reduce the immigration system’s operational burden, this is simply an excuse for more immigration policies that could drastically harm or even end immigrant lives.
Given how the franchise made a remixed mess of a 2013 Trayvon Martin-inspired episode, I'm not counting on its producers to get it right.
Christine Blasey Ford's former classmates delivered copies of the letter to several members of the Senate.