California programs are doubling down on efforts to eliminate the medical system's structural racism and support the state's Black women and infants, who face abysmal maternal and infant health outcomes.
Trending Human Rights
- How Abortion Storytellers Feel About Michelle Williams’ Golden Globes Speech
- Structural Racism in Medicine Worsens the Health of Black Women and Infants
- The Former Democrat Who Pledged Loyalty to Trump Gets a Pro-Choice Challenger
- Some With Disabilities Don’t See Themselves in Amy Klobuchar’s Disability Plan
- Florida Won’t Cover Transgender Health Care. Two Trans Women Are Suing.
- At Iowa Debate, Reproductive Rights Nowhere to Be Found: Campaign Week in Review
“I'm not sure who the campaign consulted with on this plan, but it sure as hell wasn't self-advocates.”
Reproductive rights advocates said the Missouri bill is the latest salvo from one of the nation's most rabidly anti-choice legislators.
Actress Michelle Williams highlighted that parenting and choosing abortion are not mutually exclusive. Her speech comes at a critical juncture for abortion rights in the United States.
People with disabilities are praising Warren’s plan for being comprehensive, inclusive of the perspectives of people with disabilities, and intersectional.
Living in a state without abortion coverage restrictions on Affordable Care Act plans doesn't mean your insurance company will cover it.