The Indiana Court of Appeals ruled patients cannot be prosecuted for self-inducing an abortion under the feticide statute, but left open the possibility other criminal charges could apply.
Trending Human Rights
- Reproductive Justice Groups Hit Back at RNC’s Anti-Choice Platform
- After a Year, What Has the Smear Campaign Against Planned Parenthood Accomplished?
- Iowa GOP Legislator: Ending Legal Abortion ‘Impossible’ Without ‘Personhood’ Laws
- Wisconsin Can’t Enforce GOP’s Voter ID Law in November
- Have a Problem With Black-Only Spaces? Get Over It
- Love, Respect, Accountability: What We Need in This Time of Tragedy and Crisis
In New York City, activists called attention to the role the union plays in preventing police accountability. The activists called for the firing a police officer who fatally shot 37-year-old Delrawn Small while off duty in a road rage incident on July 4.
Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) deflected questions about targeting later abortion care in her interview with Rewire.
Republican lawmakers in other states, like Ohio, have turned up almost nothing during lengthy investigations into claims of voter fraud.
Privileging the voices of white LGBTQ Canadians who claim racism is not a part of Canada's history or present ignores the struggles of Canadians of color, including those who are LGBTQ.
And in other news, Donald Trump suggested that he can relate to Black people who are discriminated against because the system has been rigged against him, too. But he stopped short of saying he understood the experiences of Black Americans.