Fifty-eight percent of likely voters support federal funding for Planned Parenthood, with Trump voters nearly evenly split on the issue.
Trending Human Rights
- Florida Ballot Initiative Would Make Abortion, Birth Control Punishable by Death
- A Window Into Texas’ Publicly Funded Fake Abortion Clinics
- The ‘Let States Decide’ Lie Conservatives Push on Abortion Rights
- New Investigation Shines Light on Historic Rate of Violence Against Native Americans
- ‘Two Spirit’ Tradition Far From Ubiquitous Among Tribes
- Could the 2016 Election Bring Pro-Choice Majorities to State Legislatures?
The charge came as no surprise. Prosecutors with the U.S. Department of Justice vowed to prosecute Arpaio on October 11, but it became official yesterday when U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton signed the misdemeanor count.
Catholic health system mergers have alarmed reproductive rights advocates, as these hospitals routinely deny medical care, citing Catholic doctrine as justification.
The Russell Amendment would reverse nondiscrimination protections for about 28 million people in the federal contracting workforce.
Alaska joins a growing list of states where taxpayers are footing costly legal bills over failed anti-choice restrictions pushed by Republican legislators.
The Arizona sheriff will face trial for contempt of court charges in December for violating a court order stemming from a 2007 racial profiling case. Arpaio intends to plead not guilty.