Trump's presidential budget proposes to eliminate funding for a program helping those with low incomes obtain legal representation for things like obtaining restraining orders, preventing foreclosures, and ensuring elderly people aren't scammed by lenders.
Trending Human Rights
- What the Media Misses When It Sees Appalachia as Just ‘Trump Country’
- The ‘Trans Tax’: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Leaving My House
- The Descent of Anti-Choice Radicals on Louisville Is a Preview of Protests to Come
- Wyoming to Lose Its Only Planned Parenthood Clinic
- Whole Woman’s Health Creates ‘Oasis of Care’ as Texas Abortion Clinics Reopen
- Haitian Immigrants Rally in Protest of Possible Deportations
The actions taken by Iowa Republicans are reminiscent of steps taken by Texas lawmakers in 2011, and the impact appears to have had a similar effect.
"Conversion therapy" bans in eight states lack the religious language found in the bill passed through Nevada's Democratic-majority legislature.
With rooms named for pro-choice advocates and an abortion care provider murdered by an anti-abortion activist, Whole Women's Health officials stand defiantly against policies designed to destroy abortion access in Texas.
Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke's addition to the administration could be part of Trump's effort to force so-called sanctuary cities to become part of his growing deportation machinery.
Lawyers for the Trump administration conceded Monday to a federal appeals court that the president's religious imposition executive order does not, in fact, mean victory for those fighting the Affordable Care Act's birth control benefit.