A group of U.S. Senate Democrats warned the White House "to abandon any proposal that would erode access to affordable preventive health care for women, including birth control."
Trending Human Rights
- New York Forces Women Like Me to Carry Nonviable Pregnancies to Term
- New Forecast Details Vast Human Cost of GOP Health-Care Plan
- What My Miscarriage Taught Me About Texas’ Fetal Burial Legislation
- Texas Republicans Advance Sweeping Abortion Restrictions (Updated)
- What the Media Misses When It Sees Appalachia as Just ‘Trump Country’
- Trump’s Cuts to Legal Services Are Yet Another Way of Making Poor People Suffer
Conservatives in states like Maine have held up Arizona's 12-month lifetime limit as a key to the GOP's austerity program.
The Congressional Budget Office projected that under the GOP health care plan, 51 million people under 65 years of age will be uninsured by 2026.
"All discrimination is bad, full stop," said Chuck Smith, CEO of Equality Texas. "The Texas lawmakers of the 85th legislative session are on the wrong side of history."
“We gave him an opportunity to denounce anti-abortion terrorism. He did not take it,” said Erin Matson of Reproaction, describing the group's exchange with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV).