"What you’re seeing I think happening in Kansas with the kind of turnouts that you’re seeing at some of these events are a kind of grassroots uprising against the status quo, both in Democratic politics and in national politics writ large."
Trending Human Rights
- No, a Proposed House Amendment Wouldn’t Ban Same-Sex Couples From Adopting—It’s Even Worse Than That
- Resistance to Trump Isn’t Russia Obsessed—It’s Policy Oriented. Here’s the Proof.
- Complaint: CVS Pharmacist Refused to Fill Prescription for Transgender Woman
- North Dakota Attorney General Challenges Oil Company’s Land Rights at Standing Rock
- Black Women’s Abortions Are Not ‘Black-on-Black Crime’
- Planned Parenthood Has a History of Trying To Beat Back Labor Unions
Advocacy groups like the UndocuBlack Network framed the Trump administration's decision as simply putting Somalis on an "18-month notice."
Planned Parenthood has fought against workers' union drives since at least the early-2000s. “I’m passionate about reproductive health but ... I am so disillusioned by the exploitation of those working and sacrificing for the cause.”
“The evidence is clear that these laws do not boost employment, they simply kneecap unions and hurt workers’ wages,” said Janelle Jones, analyst at the Economic Policy Institute.
The GOP-backed law is based on the false narrative that abortion care is dangerous and unregulated.