“The Graham-Cassidy proposal unfortunately does nothing to support women in their efforts to prevent an unplanned pregnancy, and in fact will make it much harder for millions of women to do so."
Trending Human Rights
- ‘Ganawenjiige Onigam’: A New Symbol of Resilience in Duluth, Minnesota
- Hate Groups Attack Southern Poverty Law Center, and Some Journalists Pile On
- ‘I’ve Always Queered That Normative Space’: A Q&A With Rhea Butcher and Cameron Esposito
- Congress Makes Progress in Destroying the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Catholic Rules Forced This Doctor to Watch Her Patient Sicken—Now, She’s Speaking Out
- Arizona Supreme Court Decision: A Reminder That the Marriage Equality Battle Isn’t Over
A civil rights advocate said, "We’re concerned about numerous threats to communities of color, from both inside and outside our federal government."
"The dangerous conditions that people from different countries are facing are well understood, and it's well-documented that specific types of people are very much in danger if they are deported back to their home countries."
Bisexual activists say that while societal acceptance is still difficult for gay and lesbian parents, their representation far outpaces what bi parents have.
Maine is one of 41 states that restrict abortion access by allowing only doctors to perform abortions.
McLaughlin v. McLaughlin dealt with whether the female spouse of a woman who gave birth via artificial insemination can be presumed to be the legal parent of that child.