The Russell Amendment would reverse nondiscrimination protections for about 28 million people in the federal contracting workforce.
Trending Human Rights
- Florida Ballot Initiative Would Make Abortion, Birth Control Punishable by Death
- A Window Into Texas’ Publicly Funded Fake Abortion Clinics
- The ‘Let States Decide’ Lie Conservatives Push on Abortion Rights
- ‘Two Spirit’ Tradition Far From Ubiquitous Among Tribes
- New Investigation Shines Light on Historic Rate of Violence Against Native Americans
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Shows Why White Feminists Must Do Better
“These key races could determine control of a legislature, potentially flip a few legislatures while also driving pro-choice turnout up and down the ballot," said James Owens, states communications director for NARAL.
When YouCaring and GoFundMe insert themselves as barriers to abortion access to people with uteri, they become little more than enablers and perpetuators of shame and stigma. This behavior prevents those who are most in need of assistance from getting the support that may save their lives.
The fundraising efforts by Movement 2016 come amid Republican claims of nonexistent widespread voter fraud and efforts to intimidate voters in key states, particularly those with a history of voters being disenfranchised.
Rewire spoke to the executive directors of two immigrant rights organizations about the issues they believe the next president should focus on.
Vicki Ringer, Planned Parenthood's South Carolina director of public affairs, told the Post and Courier that the proposed regulations were an attempt to “shame” people seeking abortion care.