A budget amendment from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) would strike Hyde-like language banning the use of DOJ funds for abortion.
Trending Human Rights
- White Protesters Fighting Abortion Bans Must Show Up for Black Lives Matter Too
- Immigration Officials Push Health-Care Providers to ‘Clear’ Pregnant Migrants for Detention
- Trump Administration Separates Some Migrant Mothers From Their Newborns Before Returning Them to Detention
- Our Society’s Lack of Support for Babies with Down Syndrome Made Me More Pro-Choice Than Ever
- What Is ‘Sanctuary’ for a Black Immigrant Family in the US?
- As Fathers, We Must Commit to Dismantling the Patriarchy
Given proper medical and social support, I knew I would keep my fetus if it had a Down syndrome diagnosis. But I knew I personally would not be able to give that child a fair life, and that is my private choice to make.
Legislators in states like Maryland, Hawaii, and New Hampshire have joined the movement to provide "X" gender markers for nonbinary people on state-issued IDs.
The Thompsons may be the only Black family in sanctuary, but they want you to know they are a family first and asylum seekers second.
Connecticut's new family leave policy includes a broad definition of a loved one—a boon for single parents and LGBTQ people, who often have non-traditional support networks.
Anti-choice government officials have altered rules and regulations to shut down abortion care facilities across Missouri.