“This administration appears to be more interested in lining the coffers of its friends at private prison corporations than promoting common sense policies that would reduce the incarcerated population and close troubled prisons,” said Bob Libal, Grassroots Leadership’s executive director.
Trending Human Rights
- Trump’s ‘Smart and Strategic’ Immigration Approach: Everyone Is Deportable
- No One in the Porn Industry Likes a Broken Vagina
- Sheriff’s Office Checkpoint Near Public School Stokes Confusion, Fear for Immigrants in Durham
- After 12 Years of Uncertainty, Salvadoran Woman Imprisoned After a Miscarriage Is Free
- Surprise: South Dakota Republicans Reject Abortion Ban
- After Late Push, Pro-Choice Democrat Will Run in Kansas Special Election
In withdrawing the Obama administration's guidance on Title IX and transgender student rights, the Trump administration showed neither compassion nor an understanding of how federal law works.
The idea behind the Art-Less project at Wellesley College's Davis Museum is similar to the message of the Day Without Immigrants national strike that took place earlier this month.
Pro-choice activists called and emailed Democratic Party delegates prior to the nominating convention, voicing concern with anti-choice candidate Dennis McKinney, regarded as a favorite among the party establishment.
Anti-choice legislators in Montana are pushing a measure targeting the fetal viability standard enshrined in decades of legal precedent.
The Family Research Council, identified as an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, has joined the push to ban the most common type of second trimester abortion care in Texas.