“In 2019 we shouldn’t be fighting for the presumption of innocence when a woman loses a pregnancy."
Trending Human Rights
- The Trump Administration Wants to Detain Migrant Kids at Toxic Waste Sites (Updated)
- When Your President Calls You a Murderer
- No End in Sight for ‘Retaliatory Immigration Raids’ in North Carolina
- Why No One Noticed I Was Hungry
- South Dakota’s House Just Passed an Anti-Trans Bill. It Could Be Coming to Your State Next.
- A Black Congresswoman in Hijab Is a Great Distraction From U.S. Complicity in Abuses Abroad
It took months after the declaration of an outbreak for the public to react to Hepatitis A, which many had dismissed as a problem that would affect only high-risk populations.
Thousands of migrant children would be held "on top of and in close proximity to toxic waste sites" if the Trump administration gets its way.
Massachusetts Democrats are primed to pass a series of pro-choice bills, including one that would provide medication abortion at colleges across the state.
Coming soon: a memoir by feminist icon Cherríe Moraga, a chatty road-trip novel about queer America, and meditations on mental health.
"In so many ways, She’yaa’s detainment has been a textbook example of what happens to Black immigrants in this country."