Considering the disastrous effects driver's license checkpoints can have for undocumented immigrants—and the recent moves on immigration by the Trump administration—Durham resident Brian Callaway told Rewire the checkpoint was cause for concern.
Trending Human Rights
- No One in the Porn Industry Likes a Broken Vagina
- Trump’s ‘Smart and Strategic’ Immigration Approach: Everyone Is Deportable
- Flint Residents’ Choice: ‘Pay for Your Poison’ or Have Water Shut Off
- After 12 Years of Uncertainty, Salvadoran Woman Imprisoned After a Miscarriage Is Free
- Surprise: South Dakota Republicans Reject Abortion Ban
- Sessions Wastes No Time Attacking LGBTQ Rights
Pro-choice activists called and emailed Democratic Party delegates prior to the nominating convention, voicing concern with anti-choice candidate Dennis McKinney, regarded as a favorite among the party establishment.
Anti-choice legislators in Montana are pushing a measure targeting the fetal viability standard enshrined in decades of legal precedent.
The Alliance Defending Freedom keeps making the same legal arguments in different states—and keeps losing.
Such discriminatory action was not unexpected with Attorney General Jeff Sessions, known for his fierce opposition to LGBTQ rights, at the helm.
“This bill intrudes on the doctor-patient relationship by requiring doctors to become investigators and patients their suspects, and it does nothing to address the root causes of gender discrimination and bias,” said Ashley Wright, public policy manager for Planned Parenthood Great Plains.