A group of U.S. Senate Democrats warned the White House "to abandon any proposal that would erode access to affordable preventive health care for women, including birth control."
Trending Human Rights
- New York Forces Women Like Me to Carry Nonviable Pregnancies to Term
- New Forecast Details Vast Human Cost of GOP Health-Care Plan
- What My Miscarriage Taught Me About Texas’ Fetal Burial Legislation
- Texas Republicans Advance Sweeping Abortion Restrictions (Updated)
- Schools Have a Legal Obligation to Keep Harassers Like Milo Off Campus
- Colorado GOP Stops Fighting Teen Pregnancy-Prevention Program
Conservatives in states like Maine have held up Arizona's 12-month lifetime limit as a key to the GOP's austerity program.
The Congressional Budget Office projected that under the GOP health care plan, 51 million people under 65 years of age will be uninsured by 2026.
"All discrimination is bad, full stop," said Chuck Smith, CEO of Equality Texas. "The Texas lawmakers of the 85th legislative session are on the wrong side of history."
“We gave him an opportunity to denounce anti-abortion terrorism. He did not take it,” said Erin Matson of Reproaction, describing the group's exchange with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV).
Methodist Hospitals runs Gary’s only hospital. If it merges with Franciscan Health, Methodist’s CEO says it will follow Catholic directives that some worry will gut access to reproductive health care for a vulnerable population.