The Population Institute attributes the country's first failing grade to Title X restrictions, the appointment of federal judges, and cutting evidence-based sexuality education.
Trending Human Rights
- The United States Is the Epicenter of the Anti-Choice Clinic Crisis
- Klobuchar: Democrats Should Be a ‘Big Tent’ With Abortion Rights Foes
- United States Drops to an ‘F’ in Reproductive Rights Report Card
- Kansas Lawmakers Must Stop Attacks on Abortion and Medicaid
- Trump’s Pregnant Traveler Ban Is Part of a Long History of Anti-AAPI Immigrant Policy
- Trump’s ‘Cynical Ploy’ on Later Abortion in State of the Union
The message is clear: People of color are not welcome in the United States.
The Republican U.S. Senate legislation is "a vehicle for false narratives and inflammatory language" around later abortions, said Dr. Kristyn Brandi, board chair of Physicians for Reproductive Health.
In an exchange on The View, Amy Klobuchar said the Democratic Party shouldn't shut out those who oppose abortion rights.
For those who are slapped with a fee, the prices are sky-high—and growing.
Demonizing later abortion care has been a staple of the anti-choice movement, used to paint pro-choice legislation as legalizing infanticide.