With Dr. Leah Torres as its new medical director, West Alabama Women's Center will expand its services in a state hostile to abortion rights.
Trending Human Rights
- One Month From the Big Abortion Rights Win in Louisiana: ‘We’ve Gained Nothing’
- When You Mock Kanye’s Mental Health, You’re Not Just Mocking Kanye
- Exclusive: Meet the Doctor Helping Transform Abortion Care in Alabama
- U.S. Anti-Abortion Policies Endanger Lives Worldwide. Here’s My Plan to End That.
- Trans People Are Terrified About the Trump Administration’s New Housing Rule
- To ‘Protect’ My Kids, the State Made Me Homeless
The true harm of gossip and speculation about a public figure of this visibility is the way it seeps into the fabric of how we view the people around us with bipolar disorder and other mental illnesses.
The racist Helms Amendment effectively allows our country to control the health care and bodily autonomy of Black and brown people around the world.
While June Medical Services v. Russo didn’t result in more clinics having to close, people in the state still face daily tragedies trying to access abortion care.
This Minority Mental Health Awareness Month, it's critical to put your well-being first.
"I was not asked a single question at the oral argument that I was not prepared to answer."