Indivisible with inequality and poor health care for all.
- By Painting Asylum Seekers as ‘Violent Animals,’ Trump Unlocked a School-to-Deportation Pipeline
- On Parenting and Consent: When Sharing Isn’t Caring
- With Gang Allegations, Educators Are Funneling Migrant Teens Into a School-to-Deportation Pipeline
- Alejandra Pablos, Asylum Seeker and Reproductive Justice Advocate, Speaks Out
- ‘Black-ish,’ Cliff Huxtable, and Me: The Problem of TV’s Cruel-to-Be-Kind Black Father
- Questions Swirl Around ICE’s ‘Inhumane’ Treatment of Pregnant People
Also, Trump apparently doesn’t know the difference between HIV and HPV, and the Argentina soccer team gets a “lesson” in how to pick up Russian women.
These seminal TV shows uncritically depict Black fathers' often caustic “coaching” to prepare their sons for an inhospitable world. I know, from my own family, that cruelty isn't the way to make a man.
"It wasn't what I imagined pregnancy or childbirth was going to be," Elisha Covington told Rewire.News.
"We need to make sure that vulnerable people aren’t even near the police and if the police want to arrest or detain a vulnerable person, the whole crowd needs to go," Alejandra Pablos told Rewire.News during a recent interview. "They can’t arrest all of us."
A federal judge gave Texas officials 45 days to implement a new system for processing online voter registration and information.