"We cannot stop ICE from operating in our cities, but we can and must speak out against these raids which destabilize neighborhoods, traumatize children, hurt many innocent people, and create distrust of law enforcement," the mayors of seven North Carolina cities hard-hit by ICE agents said in a joint statement Thursday.
- No End in Sight for ‘Retaliatory Immigration Raids’ in North Carolina
- Native Leaders Brief Congress on Reproductive Health Priorities
- As Government Continues ‘Dumping’ Migrants in Border Cities, Activists Organize
- What Covington Catholic Students Should Know About the Church’s History With Indigenous People
- When TV Became a Reminder of the Baby I Don’t Have (Yet)
- An Abortion Provider—and Formerly Undocumented Immigrant—Tells Her Story
‘We Have No Stability Right Now’: When Your Husband’s Freedom Is at ICE Agent’s Discretion (Updated)
"At the end of the day, so much power is with individual officers."
It’s time the students who mocked and disrespected an elder of the Omaha Nation learn the whole truth of this history.
Also: Should I break up with my boyfriend and date my lesbian co-worker instead?
"I think I gravitated toward family planning because even as a little kid in Colombia, I saw how unplanned pregnancies derailed people’s lives."
Coming soon: a memoir by feminist icon Cherríe Moraga, a chatty road-trip novel about queer America, and meditations on mental health.