This announcement is concerning, given that LGBTQ youth are particularly vulnerable to violence.
- Race Isn’t a Risk Factor in Maternal Health. Racism Is.
- The ‘62 Days’ Filmmaker on the Laws That Can Turn a Brain-Dead Pregnant Person Into an ‘Incubator’
- Cash Bail Fuels the Prison Industrial Complex. But We Can Stop It.
- RV Brings Autism Therapies to Appalachia
- ‘Enough Is Enough’: Legal Advocates File Petition to Intervene in Family Detention Licensing Case
- ICE Held Teen Girl in Majority-Male Detention Center for More Than a Month
Rural, Appalachian families who have children with autism suffer from lack of access to treatment; the wait for some programs can last years. One solution? Bring treatment to families. Via an RV.
People shouldn't have to pay to avoid incarceration before trial. But to end cash bail, we must use an abolitionist framework to question who gets put in cages and why.
Tennessee may be a conservative state, but the sudden arrests of 97 long-time immigrant residents and workers have galvanized the people of Hamblen County to come to the aid of their neighbors, suggesting a break with Trump's immigration policy.
This Week in Sex: Grindr Reluctantly Agrees to Stop Giving Outside Companies Access to Users’ HIV Status
Elsewhere, gonorrhea is getting harder to treat, and, no, kids aren’t snorting condoms.
“Our students should have access to comprehensive, medically accurate, and age-appropriate sex education, not curriculum based on one politician’s religious beliefs."