The fact is, in every occupation and at every level, women earn less than men doing exactly the same work.
- Democrats’ Latest Platform Silent on Discriminatory Welfare System
- Donald Trump and Mike Pence: The Anti-Immigrant Ticket
- The Gender Wage Gap Is Not Women’s Fault, and Here’s the Report That Proves It
- Auntie Conversations: Black Women Talk Sex, Self-Care, and Illness
- Arizona Drops 1,500 Needy Children With First-in-Nation Cash Assistance Cap
- Standing Under Sprinklers, Missouri Activists Turn Tables on Anti-Choice Community
These auntie conversations were just as much about me as they were about my aunts and mama. I really want to know what to expect, what to anticipate, and perhaps, even, what not to do as I age and grow in relationships so that I, too, can have a fulfilling and healthy partnership.
The number of teens having sex may be less important than the number having protected sex. And according to recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, condom use is dropping among young people.
Missouri legislators protect and fund crisis pregnancy centers, while ignoring how their constituents are affected by violence and health-care disparities. A new campaign is taking to the streets to refocus their attention.
“Given the pain and the suffering immigrants have been facing with family separation—the minimum the president can do is stop deportations," said Tania Unzueta, policy and legal director at #Not1More, a campaign to stop anti-immigrant laws.
The Obama administration, however, has not signaled support for rolling back the Hyde Amendment's ban on federal funding for abortion care.