Following in the footsteps of past reformers, a South Carolina politician seems to believe imposing a $20 fee will take a bite out of the billion-dollar industry and a Utah lawmaker keeps repeating bogus claims about porn's harms.
- Trump’s ‘Smart and Strategic’ Immigration Approach: Everyone Is Deportable
- After 12 Years of Uncertainty, Salvadoran Woman Imprisoned After a Miscarriage Is Free
- Here’s How Trump’s Border Wall Budget Could Actually Put ‘People First’
- Lawmaker: Pregnant Workers Who Want Accommodations Should Quit
- North Carolina Educators and Parents Demand Safety for Undocumented Students
- Roses Are Red, We All Are Blue: Activists Send ‘Love Letters’ to Speaker Ryan
Mr. Trump, don't build that wall. Invest in all of our people.
Co-founded by Katrina Majkut and Wendy Allen, "Love Letters to Paul Ryan" is one of the latest online groups to spring up around social activism.
Durham social studies teacher Tracey Barrett recalled to Rewire that a tenth-grade student once told her, “I know Donald Trump is racist against all Mexicans, but it really feels like he personally hates me.”
Many workers lack a rainy day fund to tide them over during a job search. Nearly 40 percent of 3,200 full-time workers polled nationwide in 2016 said they sometimes live paycheck to paycheck.