Two city council members have proposed an alternative plan that claims to offer workers the same benefits while lowering the payroll tax employers will have to pay.
- Trump’s ‘Smart and Strategic’ Immigration Approach: Everyone Is Deportable
- After 12 Years of Uncertainty, Salvadoran Woman Imprisoned After a Miscarriage Is Free
- North Carolina Educators and Parents Demand Safety for Undocumented Students
- Here’s How Trump’s Border Wall Budget Could Actually Put ‘People First’
- ‘When You Try to Stop It, Nothing Happens’: A Q&A on the History of Coerced Sterilization in California
- Will D.C.’s Business Lobby Undermine the District’s Paid Family Leave Program?
Mr. Trump, don't build that wall. Invest in all of our people.
Co-founded by Katrina Majkut and Wendy Allen, "Love Letters to Paul Ryan" is one of the latest online groups to spring up around social activism.
Durham social studies teacher Tracey Barrett recalled to Rewire that a tenth-grade student once told her, “I know Donald Trump is racist against all Mexicans, but it really feels like he personally hates me.”
Many workers lack a rainy day fund to tide them over during a job search. Nearly 40 percent of 3,200 full-time workers polled nationwide in 2016 said they sometimes live paycheck to paycheck.
The legal fight over the Dakota Access pipeline could hinge on the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision.