The first to examine parenting in radical and punk subcultures, The Future Generation went on to become the longest-running parenting zine in the United States.
- ‘Wimpy White Boy Syndrome’: How Racial Bias Creeps Into Neonatal Care
- For Many, Keeping a Job Means Hiding an Abortion
- How the United States Makes Migrants ‘Pay’ for Their Crimes—and Then Moves to Deport Them (Updated)
- Here’s a Fact: Some Women Do Regret Becoming Mothers
- I Tied My Tubes at Age 31. And It’s Not Up for Discussion.
- ‘How Do We Make a Better World?’ A Q&A With ‘The Future Generation’ Author China Martens
"No one should be forced to make impossible choices between caring for the people they love and keeping the jobs and income they need to make ends meet."
Nearly One in Five Teen Births Are Repeat Births—But a Program in This State Is Trying to Change That
“We do not turn anyone away.”
Whatever becomes of the DREAM Act, the SUCCEED Act, or any other legislation that emerges, immigrant advocates are urging people to not sit out the fight.
Complete strangers think it's their job to question my choice. And, frankly, I'm bitter about that.