As far as immigration is concerned, neither the Democrats nor Republicans are without their faults, though positions taken at the conventions were clearly more extreme in one case than the other.
- The Gender Wage Gap Is Not Women’s Fault, and Here’s the Report That Proves It
- Democrats’ Latest Platform Silent on Discriminatory Welfare System
- Donald Trump and Mike Pence: The Anti-Immigrant Ticket
- On Immigration, Major Political Parties Can’t Seem to Agree on What’s ‘Un-American’
- Auntie Conversations: Black Women Talk Sex, Self-Care, and Illness
- Freed From a Post-Miscarriage Prison Sentence, El Salvador Woman Could Face More Time Behind Bars
The current draft of the 2016 Democratic Party platform contains some of the most progressive positions that the party has taken in decades. But there is a critical issue—one that affects millions in the United States—that is missing entirely from the draft: fixing our broken and discriminatory welfare system.
These auntie conversations were just as much about me as they were about my aunts and mama. I really want to know what to expect, what to anticipate, and perhaps, even, what not to do as I age and grow in relationships so that I, too, can have a fulfilling and healthy partnership.
The number of teens having sex may be less important than the number having protected sex. And according to recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, condom use is dropping among young people.
Missouri legislators protect and fund crisis pregnancy centers, while ignoring how their constituents are affected by violence and health-care disparities. A new campaign is taking to the streets to refocus their attention.
“Now, while Chelsea is suffering the darkest depression she has experienced since her arrest, the government is taking actions to punish her for that pain. It is unconscionable and we hope that the investigation is immediately ended and that she is given the health care that she needs to recover,” said Chase Strangio, an ACLU staff attorney.