The federal government has an entire infrastructure devoted to prioritizing women's health needs. Its future is now at risk.
Trending Family Planning
- Amid Constituent Backlash, GOP to Punt Repeal of Popular Obamacare Benefits to Agency
- GOP Begins Shredding Family Planning Safeguards
- Here’s How Trump’s Border Wall Budget Could Actually Put ‘People First’
- House Budget Chair: Republicans Won’t Replace Obamacare Birth Control Benefit
- Roses Are Red, We All Are Blue: Activists Send ‘Love Letters’ to Speaker Ryan
- Democrats Challenge Trump’s ‘Global Gag Rule’ Expansion
Mr. Trump, don't build that wall. Invest in all of our people.
Co-founded by Katrina Majkut and Wendy Allen, "Love Letters to Paul Ryan" is one of the latest online groups to spring up around social activism.
If clinics were to shut down in Orange and San Bernardino counties, thousands of patients would be left scrambling.
“Medicaid insurance is for very, very low-income people in our state,” said a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood Advocates in Missouri. By defunding the reproductive health-care provider, legislators would be "taking away care for very low-income patients at Planned Parenthood.”
Michigan Republicans want to defund several independent clinics and local Planned Parenthood affiliates, which provide critical health services other than abortion care.