Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ) charges that reproductive health-care restrictions have a disproportionate impact on the poor, the urban, the rural, and people of color.
Trending Family Planning
- Legislators Have Introduced 445 Provisions to Restrict Abortion So Far This Year
- Congresswoman Pushes Intersectionality at Democratic National Convention
- House GOP Votes Against D.C. Reproductive Health Bill
- Lawsuit Challenges Arizona’s Attempt to Defund Planned Parenthood
- It’s Time for an Abortion Renaissance
- Arizona Drops 1,500 Needy Children With First-in-Nation Cash Assistance Cap
In both Virginia and Missouri, efforts are underway to end practices of jailing people over outstanding court fees.
Study co-author Michelle H. Moniz, assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Michigan, noted that news segments largely framed contraception as a political issue, rather than a matter of public health.
Tuesday’s ruling reverses the lower court decision that had originally allowed Gov. Gary Herbert to block funding to the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah, guaranteeing that the funding will continue while the litigation proceeds.
The Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Act protects employees from being fired for their choices to use birth control, have a baby, or obtain an abortion.
The Democrats' bill would repeal language from a measure that targets abortion clinics, forcing them to meet the standards of ambulatory surgical facilities.