But it's a win for newbie justice Neil Gorsuch, who has made no secret of his belief that companies' desires should trump worker safety.
Trending Economic Justice
- Bernie Sanders’ New Bill Would Wipe Out Union-Busting ‘Right-to-Work’ Laws
- On Funding, Candidates of Color Face an Uphill Battle Before They Even Start
- South Carolina Legislators Take on Pregnancy Discrimination (Yes, It’s Still a Thing)
- Where Anti-Choice Lawmakers Are Elected, ‘Abortion Deserts’ Persist
- State-Level Republicans Are Turning Down $32 Billion Because They Hate Obamacare
- For People With Disabilities, Earning Pennies Per Hour Is Only Part of the Problem
Supposedly, the goal of so-called sheltered workshops is to train people with disabilities to work in integrated settings, earning typical wages. But that is rarely what happens.
The uninsured rate in the United States would plummet by 24-26 percent if Medicaid were expanded in every state, according to a report released this week.
If Republican Gov. Henry McMaster signs the Pregnancy Accommodations Act into law, South Carolina will become the 24th state to require employers offer reasonable accommodations for pregnant workers.
"The state has the resources to stop the STD public health crisis in its tracks, now we just need the leadership and the will to get the job done."
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has been celebrating "National Women's Health Week" since May 13. This, despite the fact that women's health, and reproductive health in general, is increasingly under siege.