"When members of Congress vote to attack Title X, they are voting against the ability for people to stay healthy, care for their families and support their own communities.”
- Why Aren’t More Trans Women on PrEP?
- Trump Administration Nixes Grants for Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs
- House GOP: Eliminate Family Planning Services for Low-Income Families
- Mike Pence Had a Meeting With Anti-Choice Activists He Doesn’t Want You to Know About
- West Virginia Families, Just Learning About Health-Care Access, Fear It Will Be Taken Away
- Reproductive Rights Record Could Complicate Wisconsin Democrat’s Gubernatorial Bid
Republicans have long wielded the appropriations process against Title X. This effort marks the latest House GOP attempt to do away with the program.
With his far-right record on LGBTQ issues already on blast in his bid for re-election, Marshall's record on restricting reproductive rights and freedoms may not be far behind.
The state protections vary, but frequently include provisions that require insurers cover a range of contraception, including birth control pills and long-acting intrauterine devices.
While at the anti-choice Alliance Defending Freedom, Matthew Bowman—who the New York Times reports is now serving as “a top lawyer at the Department of Health and Human Services"—successfully represented cabinet manufacturer Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. in a case over the Affordable Care Act’s birth control benefit.
“I needed my job but I also needed to be a mom. Without a paycheck, I couldn’t do either."