The Population Institute attributes the country's first failing grade to Title X restrictions, the appointment of federal judges, and cutting evidence-based sexuality education.
- Finally, a New Barrier Method Contraception Is on the Horizon
- United States Drops to an ‘F’ in Reproductive Rights Report Card
- We Now Know the ‘True Damage’ of Trump’s Family Planning Restrictions
- Why We’re Skeptical of Conservative Support for Over-the-Counter Contraception
- Women Shouldn’t Get a Bill for an IUD—but Sometimes They Do
- Documents Show Government Funding of Anti-Choice Clinics a ‘Futile Project’
The Trump administration's domestic "gag rule" has cut the Title X family planning program's capacity by 47 percent.
The federally funded Obria Group is spending up to 48 times more per patient compared to other clinics receiving Title X grants.
Advocates have feared that a Democratic administration couldn't fully rid the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services of those committed to undermining the agency's mission.
Even after the global gag rule has been dumped, we will have years of work ahead of us to undo the damage it has wrought.
As the parent of a disabled child, I was appalled, but not surprised, that the president would use a child born prematurely as a political prop during his State of the Union address.