Sojourner Truth’s 1851 speech came to mind as I read recent articles highlighting the history of abortion storytelling while only citing the contributions of white women. We Testify storytellers of color have been talking about our multiple abortion experiences for years to try and change the stigma surrounding it.
- Washington State Democrats Are Watering Down Pro-Choice Legislation
- Ain’t I an Abortion Storyteller?
- Trump’s Domestic ‘Gag Rule’ Is Also an Attack on Sex Ed
- Hulu’s ‘Shrill’ Is as Delightful as It Is Real About Fatphobia and Abortion
- Legislative Lowlights: Misinformation Abounds in Latest Round of Anti-Choice Laws
- Colorado Republicans Want to Recall Democrats Backing Comprehensive Sex Ed (Updated)
The Trump Administration Wants to Give Anti-Choice Official More Power Over Reproductive Health Programs
Trump administration official Diane Foley has an extensive history of anti-choice and abstinence-only advocacy before joining HHS.
A campaign backed by Colorado's house GOP leader aims to recall Democrats due in part to a sex-ed bill described as a “state indoctrination plan to undermine parental rights to educate their children about sexuality."
From bills about Down syndrome to "born alive" legislation, GOP lawmakers continue to advance measures based on common anti-choice propaganda.
The new series explores some of my identities, and I’m happy to report the show succeeded in the best possible ways.
These judges, many of whom are young and wildly unqualified, have been appointed to the bench for life.