Diane Foley, the Trump official overseeing the office in charge of Title X funding, denied that the administration's directive against abortion referrals was a "gag rule."
- These Corporations and Public Charities Funded the State Abortion Bans
- White Protesters Fighting Abortion Bans Must Show Up for Black Lives Matter Too
- Our Society’s Lack of Support for Babies with Down Syndrome Made Me More Pro-Choice Than Ever
- As Fathers, We Must Commit to Dismantling the Patriarchy
- A Black Midwesterner’s Perspective on Abortion Access, Regional Culture, and Why People Should Care About the Midwest
- This Ballot Measure Could End Later Abortion Care in Colorado
Given proper medical and social support, I knew I would keep my fetus if it had a Down syndrome diagnosis. But I knew I personally would not be able to give that child a fair life, and that is my private choice to make.
Anti-choice activists have targeted Dr. Warren Hern, a later abortion provider in Colorado, with protests and gunshots through his window.
Reproductive rights advocates lauded the introduction of the pro-choice budget amendment, noting the critical role women of color have played in leading the fight to end Hyde.
The medically unnecessary regulations stem from laws passed by Missouri's GOP-dominated legislature, which has chipped away at access to abortion care for years.