The report's authors call public funding restrictions on abortion "state and federally sanctioned classism and racism," as the United States has shifted its public health responsibilities to private donors and nonprofits.
- Surprise: South Dakota Republicans Reject Abortion Ban
- Virginia GOP’s Defunding of Planned Parenthood Will Be Vetoed (Updated)
- After Late Push, Pro-Choice Democrat Will Run in Kansas Special Election
- Republicans Voice Hardline Religious Imposition Rationales for Congress, Trump
- Arizona Lawmakers Pass ‘Cruel’ Anti-Choice Law
- Trump Tells CPAC He’s Mad Media Is Reporting on White House
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin's snipe about transgender rights amounted to a potentially dangerous signal a day after the Trump administration undermined protections for transgender students.
The Family Research Council, identified as an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, has joined the push to ban the most common type of second trimester abortion care in Texas.
Reproductive rights advocates told Rewire that South Dakota lawmakers were likely deterred by the prospect of expensive litigation.
Pro-choice activists called and emailed Democratic Party delegates prior to the nominating convention, voicing concern with anti-choice candidate Dennis McKinney, regarded as a favorite among the party establishment.
The legal fight over the Dakota Access pipeline could hinge on the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision.