Fifty-eight percent of likely voters support federal funding for Planned Parenthood, with Trump voters nearly evenly split on the issue.
- Florida Ballot Initiative Would Make Abortion, Birth Control Punishable by Death
- At Debate, Wallace and Matthews Help Trump Spread Anti-Choice Lies About Abortion
- A Window Into Texas’ Publicly Funded Fake Abortion Clinics
- South Carolina Officials Rescind ‘Spousal Consent’ Proposal After Outcry
- Can Abortion Storytelling Break Through Politics as Usual?
- Virginia Board of Health Votes to Remove Abortion Clinic Restrictions
“Well, I do stand for the right of women to make incredibly difficult decisions that are medically complex, privately, with her family, with her doctor, and in conversation with her god,” said Katie McGinty, the Democratic candidate in Pennsylvania's U.S. Senate race, after her Republican opponent outlined a misleading description of later abortion care.
Alaska joins a growing list of states where taxpayers are footing costly legal bills over failed anti-choice restrictions pushed by Republican legislators.
“These key races could determine control of a legislature, potentially flip a few legislatures while also driving pro-choice turnout up and down the ballot," said James Owens, states communications director for NARAL.
The board's vote marks the first time a state has taken steps to comply with precedent set by the landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt.
It's time for media elites, and most especially male media elites, to stop expounding on abortion unless and until they know what they are talking about.