Republicans have a good grip on the courts and are fighting hard to keep it that way.
- Is Clinton a Progressive? Not If She Chooses Tim Kaine
- ‘Pro-Life’ Pence Transfers Money Intended for Vulnerable Households to Anti-Choice Crisis Pregnancy Centers
- Exclusive: House GOP Budgets $1.2 Million for Anti-Choice ‘Witch Hunt’
- Reproductive Justice Groups Hit Back at RNC’s Anti-Choice Platform
- Iowa GOP Legislator: Ending Legal Abortion ‘Impossible’ Without ‘Personhood’ Laws
- Paul Ryan Uses Falsehoods Behind Texas HB 2 to Push Yet Another Abortion Restriction
The study's lead author said the United States' public-funding restriction makes it a "stark outlier among countries where abortion is legal—especially among high-income nations."
So far this year, legislators have introduced 1,256 provisions relating to sexual and reproductive health and rights. However, states have also enacted 22 measures this year designed to expand access to reproductive health services or protect reproductive rights.
The Democrats' bill would repeal language from a measure that targets abortion clinics, forcing them to meet the standards of ambulatory surgical facilities.
Daleiden’s claims about the videos’ impact on Planned Parenthood contrast with a recent poll showing that support for Planned Parenthood has increased in the aftermath of the Center for Medical Progress' anti-choice smear videos.
As the parade of police killings of Black people continues, Black people have a right to mourn together—and without white people.