Missions and Beliefs
Americans United for Life is the legal architect of the pro-life movement. We are accumulating victories, building momentum, and advancing a culture of life in America.
Legal and policy issues on which we work nationally and internationally include:
• Abortion–preventing the passage and implementation of laws permitting or expanding abortion, and pursuing regulations that are protective of the unborn.
• Legal recognition and protection for the unborn (in contexts outside of abortion) such as unborn victims of violence protections and wrongful death causes of action.
• Bioethics and biotechnologies including human cloning, destructive embryo research, and medically-appropriate regulation of assisted reproductive technologies.
• End-of-life issues such as euthanasia, assisted suicide, pain management, and palliative care.
• Health care freedom of conscience
Our work takes us from state legislatures to Capitol Hill and from American courtrooms to international tribunals. We are using life-affirming laws and policies as a vehicle to restore a culture of life in America and throughout the world.
- Louisiana Resolution Commending Crisis Pregnancy Centers (HCR 63)
- Colorado Women's Reproductive Information Guarantee for Health and Transparency (RIGHT) Act (SB 284)
- North Carolina Bill Requiring Information on Abortion Pill Reversal (HB 575)
- Iowa 20-Week Abortion Ban (HF 298)
- Arkansas Healthcare Freedom of Conscience Act (HB 1628)
- Illinois 20-Week Abortion Ban (HB 3210)
- Arizona Bill Regarding Born-Alive Reporting (SB 1367)
- Alabama Health Care Rights of Conscience Act (SB 185)
- Alabama Health Care Rights of Conscience Act of 2017 (HB 95)
- New York 20-Week and 'Dismemberment Abortion' Ban (A 4777)
- North Carolina 'Woman's Right to Know Addition' (HB 62)
- Tennessee 20-Week Abortion Ban (SB 766)
- Rhode Island Born-Alive Infant Protection Act (H 5446)
- Kansas Resolution Honoring Crisis Pregnancy Centers (SR 1706)
- New Mexico 'Late-Term' Abortion Ban (SB 183)
- South Carolina Abortion Complication Reporting Act (S 283)
- Tennessee 20-Week Abortion Ban (HB 101)
- Oklahoma Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (HB 1549)
- Oklahoma Bill Regarding the Licensure of Abortion Facilities (SB 754)
- Utah 'Unborn Child Protection Amendments' (HB 141)
- Utah Perinatal Hospice Bill (HB 107)
- New Mexico 'Late-Term' Abortion Ban (HB 220)
- Mississippi 'Unborn Infants Dignity Act' (SB 2486)
- Arkansas Born-Alive Infant Protection Act (SB 148)
- Colorado Women's Health Protection Act (HB 1085)
- Colorado Abortion Pill Reversal Information Act (HB 1086)
- Oklahoma Right of Conscience Act (SB 197)
- Iowa 20-Week Abortion Ban (SF 53)
- Missouri Bill Regarding the Cardiac Activity of a Fetus During an Ultrasound (HB 404)
- Texas Omnibus Abortion Bill (SB 8)
- New Mexico 'Born Alive Infant Protection' Act (HB 37)
- Louisiana Resolution Commending Crisis Pregnancy Centers (HCR 82)
- Louisiana Resolution Commending Crisis Pregnancy Centers (SCR 72)
- Mississippi 'Unborn Infants Dignity Act' (SB 2115)
- Alabama Unborn Infants Dignity of Life Act (HB 45)
- Colorado Women's Health Protection Act of 2016 (HB 1203)
- Colorado Women's Health Protection Act - TRAP Law (HB 1128)
- Louisiana Resolution Commending Crisis Pregnancy Centers (SR 110)
- Kansas Honoring Crisis Pregnancy Centers (SCR 1606)