Missions and Beliefs
Americans United for Life is the legal architect of the pro-life movement. We are accumulating victories, building momentum, and advancing a culture of life in America.
Legal and policy issues on which we work nationally and internationally include:
• Abortion–preventing the passage and implementation of laws permitting or expanding abortion, and pursuing regulations that are protective of the unborn.
• Legal recognition and protection for the unborn (in contexts outside of abortion) such as unborn victims of violence protections and wrongful death causes of action.
• Bioethics and biotechnologies including human cloning, destructive embryo research, and medically-appropriate regulation of assisted reproductive technologies.
• End-of-life issues such as euthanasia, assisted suicide, pain management, and palliative care.
• Health care freedom of conscience
Our work takes us from state legislatures to Capitol Hill and from American courtrooms to international tribunals. We are using life-affirming laws and policies as a vehicle to restore a culture of life in America and throughout the world.
- North Carolina Bill Requiring Information on Abortion Pill Reversal (HB 575)
- Arizona Bill Regarding Born-Alive Reporting (SB 1367)
- Rhode Island Born-Alive Infant Protection Act (H 5446)
- Kansas Resolution Honoring Crisis Pregnancy Centers (SR 1706)
- Oklahoma Bill Regarding the Licensure of Abortion Facilities (SB 754)
- Mississippi 'Unborn Infants Dignity Act' (SB 2486)
- Arkansas Born-Alive Infant Protection Act (SB 148)
- Colorado Women's Health Protection Act (HB 1085)
- Colorado Abortion Pill Reversal Information Act (HB 1086)
- Louisiana Resolution Commending Crisis Pregnancy Centers (HCR 82)
- Louisiana Resolution Commending Crisis Pregnancy Centers (SCR 72)
- Mississippi 'Unborn Infants Dignity Act' (SB 2115)
- Alabama Unborn Infants Dignity of Life Act (HB 45)
- Colorado Women's Health Protection Act of 2016 (HB 1203)
- Colorado Women's Health Protection Act - TRAP Law (HB 1128)
- Louisiana Resolution Commending Crisis Pregnancy Centers (SR 110)
- Kansas Honoring Crisis Pregnancy Centers (SCR 1606)