Please see our pitching guidelines if you are interested in writing for us.
Rewire.News is currently hiring:
Temporary Full-Time Assignment Editor (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Rewire.News is seeking an assignment editor to provide temporary coverage while one of our editors is out on maternity leave. Starting in October 2019 and ending April 15, 2020, the assignment editor will assist Rewire.News’ editorial team in publishing content meeting the highest-quality standards. Specifically, the assignment editor will:
- Oversee publication of some of the site’s feature-length reported articles, commentary pieces, and analyses;
- Assist with publication of the site’s news pieces, when necessary;
- Ensure accuracy and factual integrity in all stories for which they are responsible;
- Generate ideas for stories and assign articles to staff or freelance writers, as appropriate;
- Assist with updating stories, when applicable;
- Field story pitches from staff and freelance writers and have a keen sense of what pitches to accept;
- Effectively and proficiently manage a wide range of writers with a diverse set of styles, backgrounds, and experience;
- Keep on top of the zeitgeist with regard to reproductive health and justice. Know what conversations are happening in various online spaces;
- Work within News’ reporting guidelines;
- Identify reporters and writers whose voices and/or reporting would be an asset to News’ vision;
- Provide frequent reports back to senior editorial staff.
Find the full job announcement here, please read the application instructions carefully.