Date of Last Revision: September 25, 2017
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHICH GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES, CAREFULLY.
- Acceptance and Revisions
- This website (rewire.news) is owned and operated by Rewire.News (“Rewire.News,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). By using this website or any tools or services provided to you on or through this website such as our newsletter (collectively, the “Service”), you signify that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). If you do not agree to any of these Terms of Service, you must not visit or use the Service.
- Rewire.News reserves the right to revise these Terms of Service at any time and in its sole discretion by giving notice that these Terms of Service have been revised. Such notice may be given by sending an email, posting a notice on the Service, posting the revised Terms of Service on this website and revising the Date of Last Revision at the top of these Terms of Service, or by such other method or form of notice as determined by Rewire.News. Your use of the Service after such notice has been given confirms your acceptance of the revised Terms of Service.
- Rewire.News reserves the right to change any or all content appearing on or through the Service and to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service or any functionality of the Service at any time without notice and without obligation or liability to you.
- Copyright and Limited License
- The Service and all content and other material appearing on or through the Service, including, without limitation, the Rewire.News name and logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Content”) are the property of Rewire.News or its licensors or users of the Service and are protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws.
- You are granted a limited, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Service and the Content for your informational, non-commercial and personal use only. Such license is subject to these Terms of Service and does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Service or the Content; (b) the distribution, public performance or public display of the Service or the Content; (c) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Service or the Content; (d) applying any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods to the Service or the Content; (e) downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Service or the Content except as may be expressly permitted on the Service; or (f) any use of the Service or the Content other than for their intended purpose. Any use of the Service or the Content other than as specifically authorized in these Terms of Service without the prior written permission of Rewire.News or the rightful owner, as applicable, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws such as, for example, U.S. or international copyright or trademark laws. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise, other than the limited license explicitly described above.
- Content You Post or Submit
- You may submit your own original work to Rewire.News via electronic mail for publication through the Service. The decision to publish your work through the Service is entirely within Rewire.News’s sole discretion. You agree that if Rewire.News publishes any such work through the Service it becomes Content subject to these Terms of Service, including the broad license set forth in Section 4.B. below. The Service may also allow you to post or submit Content on or through the Service itself. You are solely responsible for the Content you post or submit to or through the Service or to Rewire.News via electronic mail (“Your Material”) and the consequences of posting or publishing Your Material to or through the Service.
- By posting or submitting, including via electronic mail, Your Material, you grant Rewire.News a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable and fully transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display Your Material throughout the world in any media on, through or in connection with the Service and the promotion thereof. You further grant Rewire.News perpetually and irrevocably the right to use your name, likeness, image, and voice in connection with the Your Material, but only if we so choose.
- By posting or submitting, including via electronic mail, Your Material, you represent and agree that Your Material shall be your original work and shall not:
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Be unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- Contain viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Include personal information about any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers; or
- Otherwise violate these Terms of Service.
- Rewire.News does not endorse Your Material or any opinion expressed therein, and Rewire.News expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Your Material.
- Your Conduct
You agree that you are solely responsible for your conduct while visiting or using the Service. You further agree you will not do any of the following in connection with the Service:
- Use the Service in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Service or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Service in any manner or that could expose Rewire.News or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- Impersonate or post on behalf of any other person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Stalk, intimidate, threaten, or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to other users;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or engage in, encourage or promote any illegal activity or any activity that violates these Terms of Service; or
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any filtering, security measures or other features Rewire.News may from time to time adopt to protect the Service, its users or third parties.
- Infringement Policy
Rewire.News does not permit infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights on the Service, and Rewire.News will remove any Content, including Your Material, that infringes on another’s intellectual property rights if Rewire.News. Rewire.News reserves the right to remove Content, including Your Material, without prior notice. You agree that you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any of Your Material we remove at your sole cost and expense. If you are a repeat infringer, we may terminate your access to the Service in our sole discretion.
- Copyright Infringement Complaints
If you believe that anything on the Service infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may notify Rewire.News at [email protected] or 7315 Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 400W, Bethesda, MD 20814.
Your notification should include the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the Content that is claimed to be infringing.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the Content in the manner complained of is not authorized by you or the copyright owner, if you are the copyright owner’s agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
If you knowingly misrepresent in your notification that Content is infringing, you agree that you shall be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by us or the alleged infringer as the result of our relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the Content claimed to be infringing.
Rewire.News’s name and logo and any other product or service name, logo or slogan displayed in the Service are trademarks of Rewire.News, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Rewire.News. You may not use any metatags or any other hidden text utilizing Rewire.News or any other name, trademark or product or service name of Rewire.News without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Service, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of Rewire.News and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Service are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by Rewire.News.
- Third Party Content
Rewire.News may provide third-party content, including advertisements or promotions of third-party products or services, on or through the Service (“Third Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information. Rewire.News does not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content and makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding Third Party Content, including regarding its accuracy or completeness. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and such third party. You acknowledge and agree that Rewire.News is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Third Party Content or for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any third-party products, services, dealings or promotions, and that Rewire.News undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. Any use of Third Party Content or third-party products or services is at your own risk. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by Rewire.News.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Rewire.News, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents, from and against any actual or alleged suits, claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Service, Your Material, your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of the rights of any third party.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN A WRITING BY REWIRE.NEWS, THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. REWIRE.NEWS DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE CONTENT. REWIRE.NEWS DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. REWIRE.NEWS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO PRICING, TEXT OR PHOTOGRAPHY. WHILE REWIRE.NEWS ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE SAFE, REWIRE.NEWS CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD. REWIRE.NEWS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY ACTIVITIES OR EVENTS LISTED ON THE SERVICE OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY EVENT OR ACTIVITY OF ORGANIZERS OR HOSTS.
- Limitation of Liability
- Applicable Law and Venue; Statute of Limitations
- These Terms of Service and your use of the Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within the District of Columbia, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service shall be filed only in the local or federal courts located in the District of Columbia, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms of Service or your use of the Service.
- YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS OF SERVICE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- No Waiver or Private Right of Action
Enforcement of these Terms of Service is solely at Rewire’s discretion, and failure to enforce these Terms of Service in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such rules in other instances. In addition, these Terms of Service do not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Service will not contain any Content that is prohibited by these Terms of Service.
Notwithstanding any of these Terms of Service, Rewire.News reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your limited license to use the Service, and to block or prevent your access to and use of the Service.
If any provision of these Terms of Service shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms of Service, please email [email protected].