These bills aren't about "dignity," abortion rights advocates say. They're about shutting down clinics and eroding abortion access.
- Here’s Why Fetal Burial Legislation Is Surging in the States
- 2020 Democrats on Board With Federal ‘Pre-Clearance’ of State Abortion Laws: Campaign Week in Review
- Campaign Week in Review: Pete Buttigieg Opposes the Anti-Choice Helms Amendment
- Elizabeth Warren Hedges on Question About Anti-Choice Democrats: Campaign Week in Review
- Campaign Week in Review: ‘Reproductive Freedom Has Won’ in Tuesday’s Elections
Explore Our Topics
2020 Democrats on Board With Federal ‘Pre-Clearance’ of State Abortion Laws: Campaign Week in Review
Mandating federal pre-clearance would presumably strike down anti-choice laws that have passed through Republican-held state legislatures over the past decade.
U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) during Wednesday's Democratic primary debate said she's "not here to try to drive anyone out of this party."
Texas Republicans' omnibus anti-choice law continues to devastate abortion access in the state even after the U.S. Supreme Court struck parts of the law.