Essex County has the largest ICE contract in New Jersey, dating back to 2011, worth more than $49 million annually.
- Republicans Get Another Win in Their Fight to Gut Title X
- Trump’s Human Rights Commission Could Undercut Human Rights
- The Real Goal Behind Unenforceable City Council Abortion Bans
- The Corporations Funding the Group Behind the Country’s Most Extreme Anti-Choice Lawmakers
- ‘Complicit’ New Jersey Democrats Face Pressure to End ICE Contracts
- In Puerto Rico, LGBTQ Political Victories Pile Up. But Challenges Remain.
Explore Our Topics
A ruling from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals paves the way for the administration to begin enforcing catastrophic changes to the federal family planning program.
City councils are passing abortion bans that serve to confuse and intimidate those seeking abortion care. Pro-choice advocates are pushing back.
On the final day of the Court's term, Justice Clarence Thomas made it clear that abortion rights are in the conservative justice's crosshairs.