I believe chillactivism, or activism while hanging out with friends, might be the antidote to feeling helpless in the face of current events.
Trending Culture & Conversation
- How This DC Birth Center Is Building the ‘Answer for Black Women’
- Gay, Closeted, and Evil: Our Politics and Pop Culture’s Perfect Recipe for a Villain
- Chillactivism Is a Form of Resistance
- The Misery of Family Detention: One Woman’s Story
- On ‘Girls Like Me’ and Queering YA Books: A Q&A With Author Nina Packebush
- ‘He’s Trying to Make Himself Into This Helpless Victim’: A Q&A With #MuteRKelly Co-Founder Kenyette Tisha Barnes
Explore Our Topics
The District of Columbia has the highest infant mortality rate of any capital city in the developed world, but Ward 5's Family Health and Birth Center is showing what it might take to improve the health and wellness of Black women and children.
"Being in detention doesn't just affect the person in detention; it affects the whole family. And when one family member is detained, that too is family separation."
Wednesday was the second time Sessions addressed the Alliance Defending Freedom's annual summit as attorney general.