It makes no difference whether or not Tarrant or Breivik were card-carrying members of racist organizations. They imagined themselves as triumphant warriors in a great social struggle.
Trending Religion Dispatches
- Behind New Zealand Terror Attack Is a Problem Bigger Than Islamophobia
- Dems Should Take Notes From Elizabeth Warren’s Pitch-Perfect Answer on Faith
- White Christian Nationalism May Not Be Religious, But It Is Christian
- The Forgotten History Behind Islamophobia and Anti-Muslim Terrorism
- The Conflation of Antisemitism and Israel Criticism Isn’t Unique, But It Is a Problem
- The Myth of the ‘Lone Wolf’ Terrorist Continues with New Zealand Attack