While the "exvangelical" community was designed to help former evangelicals heal from a toxic environment, a subgroup of exvangelicals calling itself the “Magdalene Collective" released a statement that's been called transphobic and that many see as a replication of the very abusive patterns from which they'd been trying to escape.
Trending Religion Dispatches
- When Fundamentalism Follows You Out the Door: Transphobic Statement Exposes Exvangelical Trauma
- How Biblical ‘Chosenness’ Has Justified Violence, Misogyny, and Anti-Immigrant Sentiment
- 20 Years for Giving Water to Migrants? A Religious Freedom Case of Little Interest to ‘Religious Freedom’ Industry
- Why ‘Do You Believe in God?’ Is at the Heart of Our Religious Problem
- The Hollowness of the Southern Baptists’ New Racism and Sexual Abuse Amendments
- After All the Handwringing We’re Now Seeing Exactly Why Conservative Christians Supported Trump
Fearless, independent journalism, direct to your inbox.
Sign up for our daily or weekly digest.