Sports media outlets that previously dismissed the sexual assault allegations against Cristiano Ronaldo are now scurrying to report on them.
- Journalists and Media: Stop Feeding the Right-Wing Spin Machine
- Sports Media Is Finally Covering One of the Biggest Stories of the Year. Why Did It Take So Long?
- For LGBTQ Youth, #MeToo Is Not a Heteronormative Issue
- When It Comes to Sexual Assault, This Artist Thinks We’re Not Focusing Enough on Those Who Do the Harming
- ‘I Think They Want Us to Die in There’: Federal Inspectors Highlight Detention Center’s Inhumane Conditions
- Experts in Masculinity Explain Kavanaugh’s Anger
With lifetime appointments and deep political ties, federal judges rarely, if ever, face consequences for any abusive behavior.
‘I Think They Want Us to Die in There’: Federal Inspectors Highlight Detention Center’s Inhumane Conditions
The report confirms what people like Udoka Nweke have said for years: Facilities like Adelanto are unsafe, abusive to detained people, and the medical care provided is substandard at best.
For parents specifically, even a few days in pretrial detention means having to navigate child welfare services—which can entail even more financial burdens.
In 14 states, Tuesday is the voter registration deadline, and many nonprofits and activist groups are working to arm voters with the information they need to vote in November.