The way the media represents these menstruation practices is crucial. There are myriad practices and, for some, they hold the key to healing from ongoing colonial violence.
Trending Sexual Health
- ‘PEN15’ Reminds Us Teen Girls Want to Masturbate Too
- ‘Honoring Our Monthly Moons’: Some Menstruation Rituals Give Indigenous Women Hope
- This Week in Sex: So You Won’t Use a Condom Because You Don’t Want to Throw It Away?
- This Week in Sex: That Eggplant Emoji Is Now a Cutesy Vibrator
- Dr. Leana Wen: It’s Time to End the Global Gag Rule
- If Trump Plans to End HIV Outbreak, He’ll Have to Address His—and Pence’s—Recent History
The global gag rule doesn’t just drastically limit access to safe and legal abortion. It jeopardizes access to all health care offered by the same providers.
Sex writers from different backgrounds are saying that communities of color deserve pleasure, not just prevention.
If allowed to take effect, the Trump administration's birth control rules would hit especially hard in the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community.
Puh-leeze. This is not the time to reuse, reduce, or recycle.
And in Maryland, state Republicans introduced not one, but three, so-called heartbeat bans.