It can seem incredibly hypocritical that the same administration that has launched a full-throated attack on access to abortion care is brutalizing pregnant migrants and letting babies die in detention centers. But, in fact, these policies are very much aligned.
- Reporting a Rape in Immigration Jail: One Asylum Seeker’s Fight for Justice (Updated)
- Presidential Candidates Need to Get Real and Get Specific With Black and Brown Voters
- ‘We Must Document Ourselves Now’: The Legacy of Black Lesbian Feminist Leadership
- ‘Willful Recklessness’: Trump Pushes for Indefinite Family Detention
- Four Ways Section 1325 Has Wreaked Havoc on Migrants’ Lives
In light of Julián Castro's push to repeal the immigration law during last night's Democratic presidential debate, we wanted to highlight recent examples of how Section 1325 has deeply harmed migrants.
I am most aligned with the people who force the world to be accountable for its stigma, bias, and hate. There is nothing that captures the spirit of Pride better than that.
White men, many of them fathers, have viciously held onto power but have not used it to make things OK for most people. It is time to dismantle that structure.
White people, and white women in particular, must use the privileges we have to fight against all systems of oppression, even when we’re not directly affected.
A ruling from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals paves the way for the administration to begin enforcing catastrophic changes to the federal family planning program.