As legislators around the nation mount challenges to curtail the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion in the U.S., advocates here are pushing the state to stand up for women’s rights and choice.
- In Passing ‘Blue Lives Matter’ Bill, House Lawmakers Ignore Civil Rights Leaders
- 212 Members of Congress Just Told Trump: Don’t Mess With Family Planning Funding
- Trump Praises His War on Reproductive Rights at Anti-Choice Gala
- Mitch McConnell Appoints Hate Group Leader to Religious Freedom Commission
- When Black Women Try to Take Seats of Power, They’re Met With a Litany of Criticism
- Alejandra Pablos, Asylum Seeker and Reproductive Justice Advocate, Speaks Out
Abrams has sought to challenge the political establishment’s view that Democratic candidates in so-called red states must oppose abortion rights or oppose gun control.
Arizonans are pushing a ballot measure that would raise tax rates on the wealthy after years of cuts to education investment. “We have to work to explain how ... that burden is being carried by low and middle income people."
Trump’s ‘Gag Rule’ Will Target Planned Parenthood—Along With Low-Income Women’s Access to Health Care (Updated)
Title X provides family planning services to nearly 4 million patients with low incomes in the United States, many of whom are people of color who face systemic barriers to health-care access.
“The people of Maine supported the ballot measure by a substantial margin, in both urban and rural areas across the state. They have spoken. There is no excuse for the foot dragging that continues."
Advocates warn the consequences will be dire if the U.S. Supreme Court does not intervene.