The new procedure is a cheaper alternative to in vitro fertilization. And in other news, women are applying entrepreneurial know-how to funding fertility treatment.
Trending Maternity and Birthing
- The Effects of Trump’s Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric Are Starting to Show in Preterm Birth Rates
- This Week in Sex: How a Lesbian Couple Literally Made a Baby Together
- Racism Kills: What Cultural Connection Can Do About It
- Stigma Surrounds Addiction Treatment for Pregnant People in Indian Country
- Democrats Left in the Dark as GOP House Committee Launches Maternal Mortality Investigation
- New York Governor Cuomo Should Not Play Politics With Black Maternal Health
Certain behaviors and attitudes promote resilience in the face of discrimination for people of color, according to the research that is currently available.
“If I could save someone 100 times, I would," said one advocate. "Maybe after that 101st time they might be ready to get help. If they die, they’ll never get that chance."
Criminalizing abortion or making it less accessible means that some women carry unwanted pregnancies to term.
"Indigenous women are beautiful and powerful and resilient. They are worthy, and they deserve to be moms to their children."
After Tuesday's midterms, GOP legislators might be the only ones left who steadfastly oppose Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act.