“We’ve done a lot with very few resources, and that tells you a lot about the strength of the Puerto Rico LGBT community,” said Pedro Julio Serrano, an activist in Puerto Rico.
- Trump’s Human Rights Commission Could Undercut Human Rights
- In Puerto Rico, LGBTQ Political Victories Pile Up. But Challenges Remain.
- Gender-Based Stereotypes Have No Place in Employment Decisions. Will the Supreme Court Agree?
- For Trans Men Seeking Reproductive Health Care, ‘There Are Barriers Every Step of the Way’
- Reporting a Rape in Immigration Jail: One Asylum Seeker’s Fight for Justice (Updated)
- Democratic Debate Spotlights Transgender Rights in Historic Moment
Rene Lopez, a 24-year-old gender-nonconforming asylum seeker, doesn’t know what justice would be like. But there’s one thing she is certain of: She is unsafe and wants to be released from detention after her next hearing on Wednesday.
I am most aligned with the people who force the world to be accountable for its stigma, bias, and hate. There is nothing that captures the spirit of Pride better than that.
A decision issued Friday means anti-transgender policies must have an "exceedingly persuasive justification" to be constitutional.
Starting in 2021, many insurance plans will be required to offer PrEP, plus all necessary lab work and clinic visits, without deductibles or co-pays.
Essex County has the largest ICE contract in New Jersey, dating back to 2011, worth more than $49 million annually.