Possession of khat, a chewable plant stimulant that's popular in the Horn of Africa, may condemn a Somali immigrant in New Hampshire to indefinite detention. And in other news, hookworm is making a comeback—in Alabama and in court.
- For LGBTQ Youth, #MeToo Is Not a Heteronormative Issue
- Abolish ICE: Beyond a Slogan
- Gavel Drop: The Leaf Behind Another Legal Challenge to Trump’s Immigration Policy
- ‘I’m Not Running Because I’m Trans’: Meet the Men Fighting to Build Power One State Legislature Seat at a Time
- Leaked Title IX Rule Would Allow Religious Schools to Discriminate—Without Saying Why
- Circuit Court Gives Anti-LGBTQ Street Preachers Free Rein to Intimidate Pride Festival Attendees
Too often, young people are socialized to make assumptions about gender, sexuality, and relationship violence that don’t reflect reality.
‘I’m Not Running Because I’m Trans’: Meet the Men Fighting to Build Power One State Legislature Seat at a Time
Everett Maroon is running to represent Washington's 16th Legislative District; Finnigan Jones is vying for the Texas House District 94 seat.
The decision raises thorny questions about how to balance competing concerns about free speech.
Among conservatives, “gender ideology” encompasses a broad range of horrors: LGBTQ-inclusive nondiscrimination laws, transgender-inclusive school and ID-document policies, and comprehensive sex education, to name a few.
Reproductive rights advocates continue the pushback against a state law banning abortion care after 24 weeks into a pregnancy.