The Northwestern professor says focusing on physicians' rights has been a mistake, but that telling personal abortion stories in private can help right the ship and effect social change.
Trending Law and Policy
- I’m a Doctor for Teenagers. Attempted Rape Is Not a Normal Part of Teen Behavior.
- GOP Wants ‘Aunt Lydia’ and Attack-Dog Staffer to Question Dr. Blasey Ford
- Cincinnati Public School Students With Disabilities Are Protected on Paper But Say They’re Treated Poorly in Practice
- Leaked Title IX Rule Would Allow Religious Schools to Discriminate—Without Saying Why
- ‘Please Do Not Vote to Turn the Clock Back’: People With Disabilities Testify Against Kavanaugh
- Protests Erupt on Capitol Hill After Fresh Round of Allegations Against Kavanaugh (Updated)
The normalization of sexual assault perpetuates rape culture, and there are dangerous health consequences for victims, perpetrators, and for the public at large.
Hospital and nursing home CEOs view health care "as a business," said Pat Lippold of 1199 SEIU United Health Care Workers. "Larry Hogan wants to protect big business."
While Secretary Pompeo may say that refusing more refugees will somehow reduce the immigration system’s operational burden, this is simply an excuse for more immigration policies that could drastically harm or even end immigrant lives.
Christine Blasey Ford's former classmates delivered copies of the letter to several members of the Senate.
Advocates expressed alarm over the leaked Title IX rule proposal, saying it will only end up hurting survivors of campus sexual assault.