The Senate's actions Thursday leave Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals recipients, often called "Dreamers," without a safety net.
- Why Are Some South Asian Immigrants Offering to Pay for Trump’s Wall?
- Trump Wants ICE Agents to Determine Who Gets Abortion Care
- Trump Administration Is Conflating Immigration With Terrorism at the Expense of Domestic Threats
- Trump Budget Proposal’s ‘Shameful Priorities’ Devalue Marginalized Lives
- Don’t Be Fooled by Trump’s Bogus Border Security Demands
- ‘Whoever Gets to 60 Wins’: Senate Plays Games With the Lives of Immigrants
Culture & Conversation
Three Indian American immigrant groups have aligned themselves with Trump’s white supremacist agenda around immigration. They are using political clout to seek advantages on visas and quotas at the expense of other immigrant groups.
“Dismantling services that keep millions of Americans healthy reveals this administration’s shameful priorities,” Dr. Willie Parker, an abortion provider and board chair of Physicians for Reproductive Health, said in response to the budget proposal.
The decision Tuesday is the second to find the administration acted in an arbitrary manner in deciding the program would end in March.
And in other news, abortion restrictions are being challenged in Louisiana and Montana, and our national immigration agency just keeps being deplorable.
Anti-choice protest tactics are on trial in New York amid a marked uptick in violence against abortion providers and clinics.