Even with February benefits protected, the Trump administration’s chaotic handling of the shutdown is starting to create problems for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Will Trump Starve SNAP Households to Get His Wall?
- Trump’s Efforts to Stoke Immigration Panic Are Right out of Dick Cheney’s Playbook
- Three Narratives to Nix From Your Immigration Reporting in 2019
- A Look Back at the Human Cost of Immigration Enforcement in 2018
- Investigations We Can Be Proud Of
- Migrants Share Their Vision for a World That Honors and Respects Them
This year, Rewire.News has gone beyond the headlines to dig into how those in power abandon people who need help.
Overly simplistic storytelling and the good/bad immigrant binary are among some of the narratives reporters need to spike in 2019.
Nannies and other domestic workers are very likely immigrants and women; maybe undocumented; and almost always underpaid and unprotected by labor laws.
It doesn’t take much effort to find examples of the incomprehensible pain and suffering the unapologetically anti-immigrant environment in the United States has caused.
A sex ed teacher's take on a new series that's heavy on shagging and light on the usual teen stereotypes.