"As reproductive justice advocates, we recognize the insidious impact state-sponsored policies have on the dignity and rights of poor women of color who are often stripped of their ability to form the families they want."
Trending Human Rights
- ‘Women Are Dying Because We’re Losing Elections’: Progressives Demand Change at Candidate Training
- Housing Instability Is an Important (Yet Overlooked) Factor in the Maternal Health Crisis
- SESTA Is Already Having Devastating Impacts on Sex Workers—Just Like They Predicted (Updated)
- Transgender Legal Protections Could Be Repealed in Massachusetts Via Ballot Measure
- Why D.C. Statehood Is a Reproductive Justice Issue
- Can One Woman Sexually Harass Another? The Texas Supreme Court Doesn’t Seem to Think So
The petitioners do not understand why Pennsylvania officials haven't exercised their authority to close the facility "despite evidence of serious regulatory violations."
“We need Democrats that are accountable to voters, not corporate donors. This is not a time to settle. To sit on the sidelines. To stand down. This is a time to fight."
There's reckoning around our toxic culture of sexual abuse. But Black Americans are left waiting for remedies for white supremacy past and present. It's time to #PayUp.
It's a decision that shows just how easily courts—particularly those dominated by conservatives—are discomfited and confused by same-sex issues.
Gentrification greatly contributes to the displacement and housing instability of people of color.