The Human Rights Campaign has tracked 128 transgender victims of fatal violence since January 2013; at least 110 of these were transgender people of color.
Trending Human Rights
- Hate Group Figures Are Coming to Philadelphia’s Pro-Police Rally
- Ableism Is the Go-To Disguise for White Supremacy. Too Many People Are Falling for It.
- Kentucky Is Trying to Ban Most Abortions After 15 Weeks—and It’s Not Alone
- Leading Health Group: Killings by Police Are a Public Health Issue
- Advocacy Groups Reveal ‘Groundbreaking’ Progressive Vision for Reproductive Justice Future
- How Newly Elected Attorneys General Could Thwart Trump’s Worst Moves
Amar Mergensana continued his strike after other detained people ended their protest, telling advocates he would continue to starve himself until "he either died or was released."
If Ohio's "heartbeat" ban becomes law, it would be the second state this year to enact a near total abortion ban.
“DeVos is making plain with these unlawful rules that she is turning her back on survivors."
Also: How do I get out of my straight relationship if I know I'm gay?
Attorneys general can make a real difference, particularly if they are willing to consistently bring lawsuits against the presidential agenda both to protect their state and the country as a whole.