Among Gov. Gavin Newsom’s health-related proposals: a plan to expand California's paid parental leave program from six weeks to six months.
Trending Health Systems
- Abortion Remains ‘Our Core Mission,’ Says Planned Parenthood President
- Maine’s New Governor Wants to Guard Against GOP Efforts to Wipe Out Obamacare
- Good Practice: Medical Respite Programs Offer Homeless Patients a Place to Go
- Newsom Diverges Sharply From Washington with Health-Care Budget
- A Look Back at the Human Cost of Immigration Enforcement in 2018
"The last thing I would want is people to get the impression that we are backing off of our core services."
It doesn’t take much effort to find examples of the incomprehensible pain and suffering the unapologetically anti-immigrant environment in the United States has caused.
Each one of these mergers raises critical questions about how to help preserve access to care for patients who are treated at these facilities, and how to help ensure that the care they receive is based on medical training, expertise, and standards of care.
Getting prescriptions filled should not be another challenge for patients to face on top of their illnesses.
A spokesperson for Rep. Nita Lowey (D-NY) said the lawmaker would also introduce legislation to undo the global gag rule in the coming weeks.