The government regularly uses our tax contributions to fund the deportation or incarceration of our family members and to pass laws making health care more difficult to access.
Trending Health Systems
- Race Isn’t a Risk Factor in Maternal Health. Racism Is.
- Housing Instability Is an Important (Yet Overlooked) Factor in the Maternal Health Crisis
- ‘Good Riddance’: Paul Ryan Calls It Quits After Years of Lies
- I’m an Undocumented Taxpayer. Here’s How My Taxes Are Used Against My Values.
- High Risk, Few Resources: Bisexual Kids Lack Help When They Need It Most
- The Trump-Pence Administration Is Trying to Leave LGTBQ Kids Out of Its Survey on Crime
Gentrification greatly contributes to the displacement and housing instability of people of color.
Rural, Appalachian families who have children with autism suffer from lack of access to treatment; the wait for some programs can last years. One solution? Bring treatment to families. Via an RV.
Bisexual young people face intense bullying and harassment and report poorer mental health outcomes than gay, lesbian, or straight youth.
The fact that these reproductive health proposals failed is, perhaps, not surprising to political insiders familiar with the dysfunction in Albany, but we should all be angry.
There's reckoning around our toxic culture of sexual abuse. But Black Americans are left waiting for remedies for white supremacy past and present. It's time to #PayUp.