Funding for Planned Parenthood and abortion care remain squarely in the GOP's crosshairs as Republican leaders look for the votes to pass the latest attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
Trending Health Systems
- People Have Multiple Abortions—and Stigmatizing Them Is Counterproductive
- Catholic Rules Forced This Doctor to Watch Her Patient Sicken—Now, She’s Speaking Out
- GOP’s ‘Worst Health Care Bill Yet’ Takes Aim at Reproductive Health (Updated)
- Reproductive Health-Care Fights Roil Washington
- Trump Gives Away Millions to Anti-Choice Fake Clinics
- ‘Medicare for All’ Bill Could Be Single Greatest Advancement in Reproductive Health Care in a Century
“This bill recognizes what people across the country already know: that health insurance plans should cover the full range of pregnancy-related care, including abortion.”
‘Medicare for All’ Bill Could Be Single Greatest Advancement in Reproductive Health Care in a Century
The bill from Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) would unapologetically cover comprehensive reproductive health care (yes, including abortion) for everyone in the United States.
As researchers note in a new study, “the ability to access abortion care when needed—even if more than once—should be prioritized.”
A review by Rewire found that at least $3.1 million in grants have been awarded to religiously affiliated organizations or crisis pregnancy centers, also known as fake clinics.
The seven-page suit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice claimed that the housing authority did not make accommodations for disabled tenants, and that employees made unwelcome comments about female tenants' bodies and appearance.