Joseph founded a nonprofit, Commonsense Childbirth, in 1998 to inspire change in maternity care to better serve people of color. As a licensed midwife, Joseph seeks to transform how care is provided in a clinical setting.
Trending Health Systems
- Health Insurer Kaiser Distances Itself From Employees’ Anti-Choice Activities
- In Mike Pence, Trump Would Find a Fellow Huckster
- Lawsuit Challenges Arizona’s Attempt to Defund Planned Parenthood
- Arizona Drops 1,500 Needy Children With First-in-Nation Cash Assistance Cap
- It’s Time for an Abortion Renaissance
- Study: United States a ‘Stark Outlier’ in Countries With Legal Abortion, Thanks to Hyde Amendment
Active since 2014, if not earlier, Kaiser for Life appears to oppose what it describes as "late-term" abortions performed at Kaiser Permanente facilities in California.
The Republican-backed law specifically targets abortion providers, excluding any facility from Medicaid that fails "to segregate taxpayer dollars from abortions, including the use of taxpayer dollars for any overhead expenses attributable to abortions.”
Tuesday’s ruling reverses the lower court decision that had originally allowed Gov. Gary Herbert to block funding to the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah, guaranteeing that the funding will continue while the litigation proceeds.
Though the death reviews released by ICE provide further insight into the conditions inside detention centers, the bigger concern among researchers and advocates is what they don't know.