Methodist Hospitals runs Gary’s only hospital. If it merges with Franciscan Health, Methodist’s CEO says it will follow Catholic directives that some worry will gut access to reproductive health care for a vulnerable population.
Trending Health Systems
- What the Media Misses When It Sees Appalachia as Just ‘Trump Country’
- Planned Parenthood Opens New Memphis Clinic to Better Serve Latino Residents—Next to an ICE Office
- New Forecast Details Vast Human Cost of GOP Health-Care Plan
- Trumpcare and the Return of Rape and Domestic Violence as Pre-Existing Conditions
- As De Facto Drug Czar, Jeff Sessions Could Do the Opioid Crisis More Harm Than Good, Critics Say
- Trump’s Family Planning Pick Believes ‘Contraception Doesn’t Work’
For the first time ever, a federal court has held that the killing of a transgender person is a hate crime.
After years of struggling to drag perinatal mood disorders into the light, advocates are watching them disappear into the shadows again with the threat of a health policy bill that could discourage new parents from seeking treatment or punish those who did so in the past.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) met with David Daleiden, who has worked with GOP lawmakers to erroneously accuse Planned Parenthood of profiting from fetal tissue donations.
It's fashionable to note that Appalachia voted overwhelmingly for Trump—and to predict political karma since he's proposed massive funding cuts that will affect the region. But people in Appalachia have a long history of community organizing bolstered by federal monies and their own capacity to offer solutions to their problems.
About 100 Notre Dame graduates on Sunday walked out of Vice President Mike Pence's commencement address, protesting the Trump administration's anti-LGBTQ, anti-immigrant agenda.