The notices of violation issued this month mark the first time authorities anywhere in the state are enforcing the seven-month-old Reproductive Freedom, Accountability, Comprehensive Care, and Transparency (FACT) Act.
Trending Health Systems
- On ‘Commonsense Childbirth’: A Q&A With Midwife Jennie Joseph
- Let’s Stop Conflating Self-Care and Actual Care
- Health Insurer Kaiser Distances Itself From Employees’ Anti-Choice Activities
- Three Crisis Pregnancy Centers Served for Breaking California Law
- Study: United States a ‘Stark Outlier’ in Countries With Legal Abortion, Thanks to Hyde Amendment
- Texas District Attorney Drops Felony Charges Against David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt
It's time for a shift in the use of “self-care” that creates space for actual care apart from the extra kindnesses and important, small indulgences that may be part of our self-care rituals, depending on our ability to access such activities.
Active since 2014, if not earlier, Kaiser for Life appears to oppose what it describes as "late-term" abortions performed at Kaiser Permanente facilities in California.
The Republican-backed law specifically targets abortion providers, excluding any facility from Medicaid that fails "to segregate taxpayer dollars from abortions, including the use of taxpayer dollars for any overhead expenses attributable to abortions.”
Tuesday’s ruling reverses the lower court decision that had originally allowed Gov. Gary Herbert to block funding to the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah, guaranteeing that the funding will continue while the litigation proceeds.
Donna Brazile, vice chair of the DNC, will step in as interim replacement for Wasserman Schultz as committee chair.