“This administration is so unstable; I’m reluctant to believe anything Trump proposes until I see it written down in concrete,” Native women’s advocate Charon Asetoyer said.
Trending Health Systems
- People Have Multiple Abortions—and Stigmatizing Them Is Counterproductive
- Catholic Rules Forced This Doctor to Watch Her Patient Sicken—Now, She’s Speaking Out
- ‘Medicare for All’ Bill Could Be Single Greatest Advancement in Reproductive Health Care in a Century
- Trump Gives Away Millions to Anti-Choice Fake Clinics
- Reproductive Health-Care Fights Roil Washington
- Back to School in North Carolina—But Not for School Nurses
“This bill recognizes what people across the country already know: that health insurance plans should cover the full range of pregnancy-related care, including abortion.”
‘Medicare for All’ Bill Could Be Single Greatest Advancement in Reproductive Health Care in a Century
The bill from Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) would unapologetically cover comprehensive reproductive health care (yes, including abortion) for everyone in the United States.
As researchers note in a new study, “the ability to access abortion care when needed—even if more than once—should be prioritized.”
A review by Rewire found that at least $3.1 million in grants have been awarded to religiously affiliated organizations or crisis pregnancy centers, also known as fake clinics.
Samuel McLure argued that should anti-choice activists control the state government, they could effectively end legal abortion in the state no matter what courts decided on the issue. He added that a state militia could be used to defend the policy.