A group of U.S. Senate Democrats warned the White House "to abandon any proposal that would erode access to affordable preventive health care for women, including birth control."
Trending Health Systems
- Planned Parenthood Opens New Memphis Clinic to Better Serve Latino Residents—Next to an ICE Office
- New Forecast Details Vast Human Cost of GOP Health-Care Plan
- What the Media Misses When It Sees Appalachia as Just ‘Trump Country’
- Will a Catholic Hospital Merger Gut Health Care in Gary, Indiana?
- Trumpcare and the Return of Rape and Domestic Violence as Pre-Existing Conditions
- As De Facto Drug Czar, Jeff Sessions Could Do the Opioid Crisis More Harm Than Good, Critics Say
The president's 2018 budget proposal recommends the gutting of Medicaid and other public assistance programs while cutting all funding for Planned Parenthood.
For the first time ever, a federal court has held that the killing of a transgender person is a hate crime.
Advocates say that criminalization of women is not the way to address the increasing rate of opioid dependence in adults—as well as exposure in newborns.
Recent history demonstrates that even strong state protections may be insufficient in practice to help survivors of rape, sexual assault, or domestic violence.
After allegedly assaulting a reporter Wednesday, Gianforte won the race with 50 percent of the vote to Democrat Rob Quist’s 44 percent.