For some students in Appalachia, the school nurse is the only health professional they ever see. But in North Carolina, “the school nurse-to-student ratio is well below the level that child health advocates recommend.”
Trending Health Systems
- Catholic Rules Forced This Doctor to Watch Her Patient Sicken—Now, She’s Speaking Out
- People Have Multiple Abortions—and Stigmatizing Them Is Counterproductive
- Trump Gives Away Millions to Anti-Choice Fake Clinics
- ‘Medicare for All’ Bill Could Be Single Greatest Advancement in Reproductive Health Care in a Century
- For Those With Endometriosis, Lack of Access to Surgical Option Compounds the Pain
- Sanders’ ‘Medicare for All’ Covers Abortion Care, Ends Hyde Amendment
‘Medicare for All’ Bill Could Be Single Greatest Advancement in Reproductive Health Care in a Century
The bill from Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) would unapologetically cover comprehensive reproductive health care (yes, including abortion) for everyone in the United States.
A review by Rewire found that at least $3.1 million in grants have been awarded to religiously affiliated organizations or crisis pregnancy centers, also known as fake clinics.
Very few California doctors perform the excision surgery that can offer relief—and very few insurers cover it.
‘It Gave Me Hope’: Reflections on the Cash Bail System From Black Women Bailed Out by National Coalition
The Black women Rewire spoke to who were bailed out by the National Bail Out Coalition found that having resources and love gave them the hope and strength to more effectively defend themselves and pursue justice for others in their positions.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services issued Planned Parenthood a license to provide abortion services at the Midtown Health Center of Kansas City, which is now taking appointments for medication abortion services.