Sexual health educators regard Obria Group's prohibition against condoms as reckless and dismiss its focus on abstinence as wishful thinking.
Trending Health Systems
- A Miscarrying Woman Nearly Died After a Catholic Hospital Sent Her Home Three Times
- Federally Funded Obria Prescribes Abstinence to Stop the Spread of STDs
- Ten Reasons Folks Should Care About the Hyde Amendment
- Hyde Makes Navigating Reproductive Health Care Even Harder for Black Muslims
- The Rift in the Porn World About How to Approach HIV
- This Routine Gyno Procedure Won’t Take Away Your Orgasm
Though Black Muslims account for a fifth of all U.S. Muslims, conversations around Hyde and reproductive health-care access have failed to take their experiences into account.
As obstetrician-gynecologists who specialize in reproductive endocrinology and infertility, we want to reassure patients that permanent sexual dysfunction is not a known complication of a LEEP.
A spokesperson for the University of Vermont Medical Center said the Trump administration's allegations are "not supported by the facts."
While Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives passed a spending bill that would stop enactment of the Title X "gag rule," it's not likely the provision will survive the Republican-controlled Senate.
The conservative wing of the Roberts Court appears ready to take a sledgehammer to LGBTQ rights—assuming they can keep Justice Neil Gorsuch on board.