"What you’re seeing I think happening in Kansas with the kind of turnouts that you’re seeing at some of these events are a kind of grassroots uprising against the status quo, both in Democratic politics and in national politics writ large."
Trending Health Systems
- Complaint: CVS Pharmacist Refused to Fill Prescription for Transgender Woman
- Trump-Appointed Judge OKs Administration’s Attack on Family Planning Funding
- Amid Staggering Maternal and Infant Mortality Rates, Native Communities Revive Traditional Concepts of Support
- OB-GYNs: Speak Out Against Trump’s Attack on Title X Before It’s Too Late
- Health Researchers Quietly Tackle the Opioid Epidemic’s Hidden Crisis
- New York Times Omitted Key Fact About Rural Hospital: Its Catholic Rules Could Endanger Women
“The Trump-Pence administration is trying to impose its ideology on people—no matter how many it hurts.”
One advocate said the proposed Title X rule changes would force health-care providers to omit medically accurate information necessary for patients to make fully informed decision.
“We should not be bullying other countries and attempting to water down resolutions that would recognize the importance of breastfeeding for infants and would work against misleading attempts to sell substitutes for a mother’s milk,” said U.S. Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney.
When you go to the doctor's office because you have a cough, you don't need a note from a psychiatrist to get an inhaler. Proponents of the informed consent model say this is how transition services, such as hormone replacement therapy, should be provided too.
“The evidence is clear that these laws do not boost employment, they simply kneecap unions and hurt workers’ wages,” said Janelle Jones, analyst at the Economic Policy Institute.