While Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives passed a spending bill that would stop enactment of the Title X "gag rule," it's not likely the provision will survive the Republican-controlled Senate.
Trending Economic Justice
- These States Are Protecting Family Planning Clinics Under Trump’s Domestic ‘Gag Rule’
- Total Abortion Bans Are Overwhelmingly Unpopular in Every State
- Planned Parenthood Leaves Title X Amid Trump’s Anti-Choice Restrictions
- Trump’s Newest Plan for SNAP Would Trap Workers in Poverty
- Paid Sick Leave Has Finally Come to the South
States are replacing the millions clinics will lose when they exit Title X after the Trump administration imposes its domestic "gag rule."
Legislators in 13 states have passed laws giving 16 million people access to paid sick time. Dallas could be the first city in the South to implement the policy.
Two families taking sanctuary at a church in Philadelphia host a monthly fundraising dinner to help cover their mounting expenses—"and it gives the community something to enjoy," one family member said.
Before appointing itself Savior of Puerto Rico and asserting even greater control over the island, the U.S. government must acknowledge and take accountability for its role in molding current conditions, as well as reckon with the injurious effects of U.S. imperialism and colonization globally.
King was defending the omission of rape and incest exceptions in his extreme anti-abortion legislation.