The Rhode Island House is run by an anti-choice Democrat who has undermined a fair-pay bill and blocked sexual assault legislation. Progressive groups are fed up.
Trending Economic Justice
- 19 Black Women Judges Swept to Victory in Texas. Here’s Why It Matters.
- Native American Heritage Month Began Before November for This Wisconsin Community
- Republicans Lost Their State-Level Death Grip Last Night
- The Results on Medicaid Expansion Are in, and They Couldn’t Be Worse for GOP Lawmakers
- Access for All, Justice for Only a Few
- A Progressive Challenge Is Mounting Against Rhode Island’s Anti-Choice House Leader
Community members created the Madeline Island Jingle Dress Project in the spring of 2018 to immerse Native and non-Native people in the history of the island.
Democrats on Tuesday seized government trifectas in six states, while breaking Republican supermajorities in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Michigan.
Fight for $15 is building on successes in Milwaukee to increase the minimum wage and strengthen unions across the state.
Oregon's Measure 106 is on the wrong side of history, and must not be allowed to pass. Not in Oregon. Not now. Not ever.
Public-health activists claim victory after the American Public Health Association on Tuesday approved a statement recognizing police violence as a public health issue.