Republicans' total abortion bans, supported by anti-choice Democratic lawmakers, keep running into legal roadblocks.
- Legislative Lowlights: Texas GOP Finds New and Inventive Ways to Legalize LGBTQ Discrimination
- Will Trump’s Next FDA Head Push Anti-Choice Agenda?
- Trump Administration Releases Final Text of Domestic ‘Gag Rule’ Restriction on Title X
- This Week in Sex: New Clue Into Why Some Birth Control Users Get Pregnant
- Racism in Medicine: As Doctors, We Must Do Better
- What You Need to Know About Trump’s Attacks on the Federal Family Planning Program
Meanwhile, Utah Republicans want to control how educators talk about contraception, and GOP legislators in Oklahoma continue to push the anti-choice myth of abortion "reversal."
Reproductive health and rights advocates have already moved to ensure the domestic gag rule is dead on arrival.
The Trump rules banning abortion referrals at Title X-funded clinics, similar to a Reagan-era policy, "mandates discrimination" and could meet legal challenges from states.
In part two of an investigation of abuse allegations at the T. Don Hutto detention center, Rewire.News partnered with Latino USA to examine the nuts and bolts of a Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) audit and how the process can fail survivors of sexual assault.