New Hampshire Bill Regarding Abortion Statistics (HB 471)
This law was last updated on Jan 17, 2018
HB 471 would require the department of health and human services to publish an annual report consisting of an aggregate statistical summary of all induced terminations of pregnancy performed in New Hampshire.
The annual report would be compiled from abortion reports provided by health-care providers or facilities.
Each report provided by health-care providers and submitted to the department would be required to contain the following information:
- Confidential ID number for the health care provider or facility;
- Patient’s confidential ID code or number;
- Patient’s use and, if applicable, type of contraception;
- Patient’s age;
- Gestational age of the fetus;
- The county or municipality if the population of the municipality exceeds 20,000;
- Date of termination by month and year; and
- Method of termination.
The bill would require the report to be made available to the public. Data submitted by providers would be for statistical purposes only and not public records.