Kentucky Bill Regarding the Use of Public Accommodations (HB 106)
This law was last updated on Apr 28, 2017
HB 106 would require the state to designate every multiple occupancy bathroom or changing facility to only be used by persons based on their biological sex.
Specifically, the bill would require the following entities to designate every multiple occupancy bathroom or changing facility they control to only be used by persons based on their biological sex:
- the executive branch of state government;
- cities, counties and local governments;
- the Court of Justice;
- a local board of education;
- the Legislative Research commission; and
- governing boards of an institution of higher education.
The bill defines “biological sex” to mean the physical condition of being male or female as stated on the person’s birth certificate.