We’ve seen a lot of “men’s health” laws get proposed recently as an answer to the ceaseless bills that seek to limit woman’s rights. Now, here is yet another proposal to try to limit unintended pregnancies… and it’s drastic.
The Standard Examiner reports that a local doctor in Utah has written three-page proposal to fine every father who impregnates a woman or girl, saying the fee — and the subsequent penalties — ensures, “No boy would dare have sex without wearing three condoms.”
- Restrict elective abortion to the first 16 weeks.
- Require DNA testing to determine paternity of all out-of-wedlock children, even aborted.
- Require the father to establish a $50,000 trust fund to care for any out-of-wedlock child, even if adopted. If the child is aborted, the fund is used for sex education.
- If the father can’t pay, he joins the military and uses his enlistment bonus and salary to pay.
- No man can avoid paternity claiming “she seduced me,” or that she claimed she was on the pill, had her tubes tied, whatever.
- Man under 18? His parents are responsible.
Pipe dream? Of course. But still fun.
Appreciate our work?
Rewire is a non-profit independent media publication. Your tax-deductible contribution helps support our research, reporting, and analysis.