These are the people who may be U.S. Senators? Two videos from People for the American Way underscore what these men believe, in their own words.
Ken Buck (Colorado):
- does not believe rape and incest survivors should be able to terminate pregnancies; would instead force them to carry and give birth to their rapist’s child.
- believes being gay is a lifestyle “choice.”
- Social security is a “horrible policy.”
- Roe v. Wade was poorly decided.
Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania)
- Suggests imprisoning doctors who provide abortion,
- hate crime legislation is “an attempt to criminalize thought,”
- voted yes to ban adoption by same-sex couples.
And…”My idea of gun control is a steady aim.”
Get the facts, direct to your inbox.
Want more Rewire.News? Get the facts, direct to your inbox.